GrabJobs is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to this web site. The following statement explains GrabJobs’ commitment to managing your personal information and sets out how and when personal information is collected, held, used or disclosed. This Privacy Commitment only applies to data gathered on the GrabJobs.co web site (the "Web Site") and mobile application and does not apply to any other information or web site. Hereinafter both website and mobile application will be referred to as “website” or “site”. By registering or by using this site or app, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Statement. Please read this Statement carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under law. If you do not accept the Privacy Statement stated herein or disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on the Web site or mobile application, please do not use it.
This policy applies to www.GrabJobs.co (the “Site” or “Web Site”) and mobile application which are operated and owned by GrabJobs Pte Ltd (“GrabJobs”). It is GrabJobs’ policy to comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data. This policy shall also apply to the WAP, i.e. mobile version of the Site, and other mobile applications in which the Site operates. The Web Site contains links to other web sites over which we have no control. GrabJobs is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from this Web Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information. We also do not control the data use practices of either (a) employers or others who may access your information on this site, or (b) third party Ad Networks and other third parties with whom we work to serve you personalized ads on our sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and opt-out choices of those third parties so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit our Sites: personal information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the web site whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not. Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect in some areas of our Site, depending on the services you use and local law, are:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Contact information
- Billing information
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts that you provide to us should have their express written consent to do so.
We also collect behavioral information regarding how you use our site and mobile applications, the areas of our site that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geolocation, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services. In addition, GrabJobs may collect indirect information about you when you use certain third party services on our web site and the collection of such information is considered necessary for that purpose. We do not collect sensitive personal data or information of users like password of your e mail account; password of your GrabJobs account (as it automatically gets saved in the GrabJobs server when you create an account or register with GrabJobs and not authorized by GrabJobs for access unless desired under any legal obligation); financial information such as Bank Account details or Credit Card or Debit Card or other payment related details; physical and mental or other health conditions or medical records and history; Biometric information such as finger prints, voice & facial patterns and DNA any other sensitive information which is confidential or sensitive by its nature. If you choose to login with Facebook or similar sites, we import the information that you choose to share with us by installing the application or logging into that platform or site, and we make it part of your profile. Because GrabJobs sites and applications are intended to allow you to share your information and to allow others to find you, we make certain information about you publicly available by default. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet, including users without accounts, and may appear in public search engine search results. You can restrict the information available to others by deleting information you do not want visible or by not providing it at all.
We use the information we gather on the web site for the purposes of:
- providing our services,
- responding to any queries you may have,
- operating and improving the web site,
- fostering a positive user experience, and
- delivering the products and services that we offer to jobseekers and employers.
Our services include the display of personalized content relating to your career experience and interests, either on our site or other sites with which we have a business relationship. The information we gather on any GrabJobs web site may be shared within the GrabJobs group of companies or any of the GrabJobs-affiliated companies on a worldwide basis in order to deliver these products and services we offer to employers such as searches for job seekers or in order to undertake analysis of our database such as aggregate profiling of our registered users. In this Privacy Commitment, "affiliated companies" shall mean entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with GrabJobs worldwide.
By registering with GrabJobs, by managing your profile, or opting in when presented with choices, you have explicitly consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways:
- to allow you to create an account;
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us information imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers;
- to contact you about GrabJobs Site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from GrabJobs or its affiliates (“Affiliates” means entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with GrabJobs);
- to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process, such as accessing the searchable resume database;
- to help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile and connect with you;
- to allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles, and career background and experience;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our site; and
- to provide ‘forward to a friend’ features.
Some of our products and services, such as our searchable resume database and networking, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you. Profile information may be used for networking with other community members or may be visible to employers who are using the GrabJobs Sites. In addition, portions of your searchable resume (but not your contact information) may be made public in your networking profile. Information you post in public areas of the site or place in the searchable resume database will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. By providing your personal information for inclusion in our database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described here. While GrabJobs takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, GrabJobs does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the GrabJobs Sites. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information, including personality profiles, to any GrabJobs Site. We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads on our sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties.
We gather information about all of our users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for you. We may share this information with our partners, but only in the aggregate, so that they too may understand how GrabJobs visitors use our Web Site, and also create a better overall experience for you. We do not disclose information about your individual visits to GrabJobs to any outside parties, except when to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations or in legal proceedings when such information is relevant.
GrabJobs is a career site, we retain your personal information to assist in your career performance or management including finding or retaining work; or to facilitate other services to or by us. For example, when you sign up to use a service, enter into a contest, or purchase a product, we collect more specific personal information about you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, qualifications or career history. If you choose to do so we may also retain sensitive information about you such as information about your membership in a professional or trade association or trade union. We may also ask you for other information, such as information on your interests, your likes and dislikes regarding the Web Site, the types of jobs you are interested in, etc., in an effort to deliver to you the best possible Web Site experience. When you grant us your permission, we will communicate with you regularly with tips, advice and survey information on using the GrabJobs Web Site to maximise your career development. GrabJobs also provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of these types of communications. If you input your information on a co-branded registration page, such as that of a GrabJobs and partner company-sponsored contest, then your information will be collected, used and becomes the property of both GrabJobs and the partner co-sponsoring the contest. In that instance, GrabJobs is not responsible for the information that the partner company receives or how it is used. If you do not provide us with the information sought in the required fields GrabJobs may be limited in its ability to provide you with services.
We use the information we gather on the Web Site, whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purposes of operating and improving the Web Site, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering the products and services that we offer. If you have provided consent for us to do so, we may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliated companies or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered. We may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the Web Site to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered.
We may also provide additional communications, promotions and information on new GrabJobs opportunities and additional job postings which may be of interest to you. The nature and frequency of these messages will vary depending upon the information we have about you. In addition, at the time of registration for an account, you have the option to elect or not elect to receive additional communications, information and promotions, including without limitation, free informational newsletters from us relating to topics that may be of special interest to you, such as career management advice. GrabJobs cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Commitment. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. As a user of the Web Site, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Web Site, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Web Site.
We disclose to third parties within your country and abroad your personal information, combined personal, demographic, behavioral or indirect information, as set forth below:
(1) We disclose your resume to employers who have posted job opportunities that may be of interest to you on the Web Site when you apply for those jobs.
(2) We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals may be located in a country whose data protection legislation is different from your country, and they will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose.
(3) We disclose information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you make your resume searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable resume database (or copies thereof) will have access to your resume. If you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register for a GrabJobs account, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third-party. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you.
(4) We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the GrabJobs Sites with GrabJobs’s clients, partners, other Site visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Sites and how those visitors use the Sites in order to serve advertisements to you on our Sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. We may also aggregate on an anonymous basis data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search or competition among job seekers for any such job. Such aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or fellow job seekers or community members. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as may necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
(5) We disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. Because GrabJobs is a Singapore based Company your information will become subject to Singapore Law.
(6) We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of GrabJobs’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event GrabJobs becomes the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, GrabJobs or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party via e-mail or through a prominent notice posted on the GrabJobs Web Sites.
We give you the option of putting your resume in our database. When you create or post a resume to the GrabJobs Site, that resume is stored in our searchable resume database.. You may control the status of your resume by setting it to private or public. You can store your resume in our database, but not allow it to be searchable by potential employers or recruiters. If you set your resume as private, it is not searchable by potential employers or other with access to our resume database. If you allow your resume to be searchable without making it confidential, then all parties with access to our searchable resume database (or copies thereof) will have access to your resume. Employers or other parties with access to our searchable resume database may be located in countries whose data protection legislation may not be equivalent to the laws in your country. For example, your resume may be viewed and accessed by employers outside the European Economic Area who have access to our searchable database. By making your resume searchable, you are expressly consenting to such transfers of data. We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users such as paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters and human resource professionals, as well as law enforcement and national security agencies, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use made of resumes by third parties who access such resumes while they are in our searchable database. You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time; details of how to do this are given below. However, employers, recruiters and others who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that parties other than those mentioned above will not, without our consent, gain access to this database. However GrabJobs is not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of resumes by any third parties. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put sensitive information, personality profiles, or other information you would not want made public, in your resume.
We wish to ensure your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. GrabJobs allows you to change or correct your personal information at any time. To do so, simply log into your My GrabJobs account, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted.
You can gain access to the personal information you have provided by visiting our Web Site or logging on to the mobile application. We retain indefinitely all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use of the Web Site more efficient, practical and relevant. You can delete your resume from GrabJobs’s online database, close your account at any time in which event we will remove all our copies of your resume and your account information from the Web Site, except for an archival copy which is not accessible on the internet.
Because managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use with us more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may have access to, review, correct, update, change or delete your account profile information or resume at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile or resume, and make the necessary changes. You may delete your resume from GrabJobs’ online database at any time by accessing your account. Before providing you with a copy of your personal information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the personal information to which you have requested access. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by GrabJobs if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
If you are buying a product from GrabJobs via the Web Site, your personal details and credit card information are scrambled using Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. SSL makes it very difficult for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred. However, we cannot guarantee encryption or the privacy of your personal details and credit card information. When we receive your order, it is kept encrypted until we are ready to process it. We will take reasonable steps to keep the information you provide us with secure.
GrabJobs has areas on the Web Site where you can submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted through this area becomes the property of GrabJobs. We may use this feedback at any time for any purposes, such as success stories for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback on the Web Site.
You are responsible for ensuring that your log-in credentials (your username and password) are kept confidential. GrabJobs has implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Moreover, one of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your resume and profile widely in order to maximize your career opportunities. Such an environment does present a risk that unauthorized third parties will view this data, Further, your resume should not contain any sensitive data that you would not want made public. You should be aware that resumes may be monitored by your current employer.
If we decide to materially change the substance of this Privacy Statement, we will, where required, contact you via the email address that you maintain in your profile. We will also post those changes through a prominent notice on the web site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it. Thank you for using GrabJobs. We are committed to providing you with the best tools and advice to help you get ahead in your career. We welcome your feedback and suggestions. Please contact us by calling or email email@example.com.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or believe that we have not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact us online at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable efforts to answer promptly your question or resolve your problem.
Cookies: GrabJobs uses "cookies" to help personalize and maximize your online experience and time online, including for storing user preferences, improving search results and ad selection, and tracking user trends.