Qenos is a long-standing and highly successful Australian manufacturing business and part of a diversified global chemical and technology conglomerate.
Many of the household items that you use daily, such as milk cartons, wheelie bins and food packaging. are likely created by the raw materials made by Qenos. As Australia’s sole manufacturer and leading supplier of world class polyethylene and polymers, we have an unrivalled reputation for excellence and innovation in the chemical sector.
Qenos is growing beyond its manufacturing footprint through its distribution business eXsource, entering new markets with new products and services.
About the Opportunity
Qenos is seeking a dynamic and commercially focused Technical Development Specialist to join the successful eXsource team.
This role requires a diverse range of skills and will demand a focus on accelerating specialty polymer sales growth by supporting the sales and marketing teams in key new business development activities. You will get involved in inbound marketing, customer trials, building new partnerships, management of technical programs and have access to one of the largest polymer laboratories in Australasia.
Apart from delivering technical projects to introduce and grow specialty products, the key areas of focus for the role are;
- Sales leads via marketing content creation;
- Leverage principal relationships to deliver knowledge and marketing content;
- Support sales at value proposition and qualification stage;
- Technical Service for Non-PE products; and
- Promote products internally at Qenos to grow sales through all customers.
To be considered for this position you with be a commercially focused candidate with strong polymer technical experience. You will hold a tertiary qualification in applied science, chemistry, materials engineering or polymer engineering and ideally have 10+ years of demonstrated polymer process/sales experience specifically within the APAC market.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- A growth mindset with the track record of winning new business through helping customers develop new products and applications;
- A strong customer focus and experience being the customer advocate;
- The ability to collaborate; work within a team environment and to co-ordinate product trials with principals, customers, laboratory and the sales team;
- A good understanding of marketing strategies and the sales pipeline process and ability to actively participate in their development.
- A drive for results with an ingrained sense of ownership and accountability with the courage to own the results of your actions; and
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation;
About the Benefits
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing business with a track record in material innovation and excellence in safety and environmental performance.
Working alongside a team of experienced, highly competent colleagues who are experts in their fields, you’ll be encouraged to challenge the status quo and drive us forward.
This is a key role within the business and you will be supported to grow through training and development.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive salary package together with attractive working conditions. Additionally, you will be provided with a phone, laptop and car allowance.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, don't wait - apply now!
Qenos is an Equal Opportunity Employer that supports a diverse workplace culture.