At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Puck®, Dano®, Lurpak® and Castello® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. There are 1,200 employees in the Middle East and Africa and 19,000 global employees at the heart of our business. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
Do you have a passion for the sensory area and would like to play a key role in producing high quality dairy products? This is your chance! Join our Bahrain team as our Sensory Specialist and boost your career in a dynamic and global FMCG company. In this challenging job, you will be based at our Bahrain dairy and you will report to the Head of Global Sensory and Consumer Science.
Drive sensory science lead in the MENA region
You are responsible for developing and driving the MENA sensory function in our Bahrain manufacturing site based on our global set up. As a part of our daily operations, you will contribute with sensory expertise and knowledge to ensure consumer success in product innovation and renovation. You will understand the requirement of your stakeholders and translate them into the sensory set up. Post panel tasting session, you will run the statistical analysis and present your findings to the relevant stakeholders. One of the key responsibilities will be to extend and develop the existing internal sensory panel from our operators and technicians. You will be the single point of contact in the MENA region for NPD and Marketing regarding queries related to sensory quality. The success of this role depends on the timely delivery of results and proper guidance to allow stakeholders to react fast and with precision.
- Guide stakeholders, and choose proper test-setup to deliver sensory results
- Panel training and management, increase current panel size
- Develop the panel to do both Descriptive and Discriminatory Tests
- Maintain and motivate the Panel for Panel retention
- Panel Monitoring for Panel Performance improvement
- The use of the right Statistical tool to deliver the results
- Participate in sensory benchmarking and consumer product testing together with local Insight manager
- Engage in and apply relevant and latest methodology as part of the global S&CS team
- 2+years of experience needed in applied sensory within food, flavor, or ingredients.
- In-depth knowledge of Sensory Methodologies
- Basic statistical knowledge, uni- and multivariate analyses
- Knowledge of food products and quality, dairy science appreciated
- Knowledge of the use of Eye-question or FIZZ Sensory Software
- Knowledge of consumer product testing a benefit
You like to work in a high paced environment and able to navigate in a matrix organization and you look forward to shaping Arla’s future in a very exciting and complex region. A structured and systematic way of working, with attention to details along with excellent stakeholder management and communication skills are necessary qualities.
We are busy producing dairy products so we can continue #fillingtheshelves and #feedingthenation. Recruiting talent to Arla thus stays one of our top priorities also during these difficult times. Necessity is the mother of invention, so we have moved to virtual hiring and onboarding processes for most of our recruitments to enable candidates and our recruitment teams to get close while respecting social distancing. If at the final stages of a recruitment, a candidate would prefer to meet in person, we take all the necessary precautions to ensure everyone's safety.