CWB Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization providing specialized service in business and personal banking, trust, and wealth management across Canada. Our approach to business is straightforward: we work hard and with integrity, we practice common-sense thinking, we’re accountable for our actions, and we care about our people. We’re incredibly proud of the work we do every day to help our clients grow their businesses, manage their money and realize their
CWB Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization providing specialized service in business and personal banking, trust, and wealth management across Canada. Our approach to business is straightforward: we work hard and with integrity, we practice common-sense thinking, we’re accountable for our actions, and we care about our people. We’re incredibly proud of the work we do every day to help our clients grow their businesses, manage their money and realize their financial potential! Learn more at http://www.cwb.com .
At CWB we are all about Embracing the New ! We are seeking a highly curious and motivated addition to our Centralized Services team to support registered products. If you are looking to dig deeper into banking operations and stretch your knowledge – look no further!
As the Banking Support Officer, you will administer the processing of any transactions that support the branch network. This includes, but are not limited to, activities related to payments, deposits, cash management products, registered products and estates.
Make an impact by:
- Process transactions activities related to registered products, payments, deposits, cash management products, and estates.
- Minimize risk, by ensuring compliance with policies and regulatory requirements in all areas of banking and operations.
- Provide direct support to the CWB branch network and deliver a “best in class” customer experience.
What you will do:
- Process transactions activities related to registered products (RRSP, RRIF, TFSA), payments (wires, EFTs, cheques, bill payments, etc.), deposits (remote deposit capture, NDDS, etc.), cash management products (CAFT, Business Online Banking, Online Wires, Business Visa, Corporate RDC), and Estates administration.
- Work with high risk and high client impact processes, including large dollar transactions, and transactions with tax implications for clients.
- Maintenance of long-term document control and electronic reporting for all applicable tasks.
- Proactively address potential procedure enhancements and best practices, sharing with management and peers.
- Minimize risk to CWB Group through compliance with policies and regulatory requirements in all areas of banking and operations.
- Ensure that the confidentiality of the Bank and its customers in maintained by routinely securing all documentation during non-business hours and is aware of and adheres to employee code of conduct.
- Provide direct support to the CWB branch network, to enable them to deliver a “best in class” customer experience.
- Regularly review SLA targets in collaboration with individual leader to ensure client needs are met.
Your background and skills:
- High School Diploma required
- Post Secondary Education in Business, Finance or a related field is an asset
- Minimum 1 year of experience, preferably in operations within retail banking, working with registered products, cash management products and services, payments and estates.
- Specific knowledge and understanding around registered products, such as RRSP, RRIF and TFSA is a strong asset.
- Experience working within the financial sector is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Client-focused with strong working knowledge of retail banking policies, procedures, laws, rules, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, and Excel
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Proficient in T24 (Banking System)
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to perform tasks of a complex nature in defined time frames
We put our People First at CWB by offering :
- Base salary plus additional bonus compensation.
- Career growth. We are passionate about investing in our employees’ development and supporting them in reaching their professional goals.
- Company ownership: Every employee has the opportunity to be an owner with our employee share purchase plan (ESPP) and we will match a portion of your contributions to help you build your share ownership faster.
- Matching employer contributions to your retirement savings.
- P osition closes at 12:01am on indicated close date
Inclusion & Diversity
CWB Financial Group is committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, gender and sexual minorities, and ethnic visible minorities. We believe that inclusion has power. In fact, that’s one of our values. We know that diverse teams unleash new ideas and perspectives. We work to create an organization where people can be proud of who they are, and allies for those around them. We know that there is power in our differences and we are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees, applicants and clients. And beyond that, we celebrate our people and those differences.
We're proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, and we're always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We have a strong ethics program, a mandatory Respect in the Workplace eLearning program, comprehensive policies related to employment equity, and a strategy and an going strategy to ensure diversity and inclusion thrives at CWB.
CWB Financial Group is committed to providing all applicants with equal accessibility. Believing that inclusion has power, we strive to create an accessible environment for all, focused on the principles of independence, dignity, and equality. If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment and selection process (from application to offer) please submit your request here and one of our recruiters will reach out to you directly.