VersaCold is a food-first supply chain company with one of North America’s largest cold chain networks. We're dedicated to ensuring the safety, quality and freshness of the food families eat. With 65 years of experience, we collaborate as entrusted partners to maintain cold chain integrity and deliver customized solutions to complex business challenges. The foundation of our culture is based upon The VersaCold Way demonstrating our commitment to health and safety,
VersaCold is a food-first supply chain company with one of North America’s largest cold chain networks. We're dedicated to ensuring the safety, quality and freshness of the food families eat. With 65 years of experience, we collaborate as entrusted partners to maintain cold chain integrity and deliver customized solutions to complex business challenges. The foundation of our culture is based upon The VersaCold Way demonstrating our commitment to health and safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration.
We are a growing organization and currently looking for a passionate and motivated Customer Service Representative Co-op to join our winning team.
Employment Type: Co-Op Term. January 4, 2021 to August 30, 2021Shift: 3 on 4 off, 4 on 3 off 6:00pm - 6:00amReports To: Manager, Customer ServiceOffice/Facility: CPX Facility - Surrey, BC
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for monitoring on time pick ups and deliveries of all loads as well as supporting the Dispatch Planner. The CSR works closely with all team members, ensuring timely updates of any delays are communicated effectively and professionally in order to achieve customer requirements. CSR also works closely with drivers to ensure effective communication.This position is a fixed 8-month contract (2 semesters) where students can get first hand experience working in Transportation and/or Logistics. A great opportunity to apply classroom learning in a real business setting.
- Collaborates effectively with all team members in Transportation to achieve daily objectives.
- Provides the highest levels of service to all internal and external customers, whether internal or external, with the goal of continuously improving the customer experience.
- Reviews all shipments ETA’s to ensure customer needs are met with regards to pickups and deliveries into depots and provides that information to dispatch.
- Liaises with Drivers regarding requests or inquiries as well as collecting all data necessary and inputting into system for all loads.
- Provides support to Dispatch team (day and night shifts) (ie booking pick up appointments, assisting with troubleshooting problems that arise).
- Follow up/review of any pending and current pick up or delivery issues from dayshift and communicating effectively with drivers.
- Maintains phone calls relating to linehaul delays.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with the company vision, mission, strategy and culture
- 2+years of experience in a customer service role in logistics and/or transportation.
- High school diploma required, training or post-secondary courses in Customer Service is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority.
- Skilled at providing exceptional service over the phone and email.
- Identifies customer needs and expectations, and responds to them in a timely and effective manner.
- Prioritizes work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Adapts to shifting priorities.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Works effectively as a part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of transportation software systems, processes, and procedures an asset.
- Collaboration: Work as a team
- Innovation: Make it better
VersaCold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. VersaCold welcomes and encourages applications from various groups including visible minorities, Aboriginal, and people with disabilities.
VersaCold is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of our process. If you require additional accommodations, please email [email protected].