JOB TITLE: SERVER
DEPARTMENT: FOOD & BEVERAGE - LAKESIDE
REPORTS TO: RESTAURANT MANAGER / EXECUTIVE CHEF
Living Water Resorts prides itself in its people. As a company we are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. From part-time jobs, to co-operative education experiences, to Leadership positions, Living Water Resorts offers you the perfect place to build your resume and spread your wings.
At Living Water Resorts, we’re looking for dynamic, energetic people join a truly unique employment experience where you are expected to:
- take advantage of the many perks the resort offers
- give back to your community
- look after yourself and nurture your emotional, spiritual, and physical wellbeing
- make friends and lasting connections so that your job is fun and rewarding
We’re looking for enthusiastic people…
Living Water Resorts is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in relation to any of the materials or processes used during the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources. Living Water Resorts will make every effort to accommodate persons with disabilities in a timely, effective and suitable manner.
The focus of this position will be to meet and greet all guests upon seating in the restaurant in a welcoming, caring, friendly and professional manner. The Server will suggest and offer food and beverage items to all guests and accurately take food and drink orders in a timely fashion throughout the meal service. Servers will also be responsible for the completion of side duties, stocking and cleaning as assigned.
1. Demonstrates through their own behaviour the Service Culture Standards of Living Water Resorts in providing a fun and caring environment for our guests / members and fellow team members which in turn will create special memories.
2. Responds to guest complaints and resolves them in a way that ensures the guest is satisfied, will return again and that every guest departs happy.
3. Maintains and delivers a “no compromise” attitude towards providing the highest possible level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the guest.
4. Adheres to all of the mandatory written standards of operations, policies, procedures, manuals, oral instructions, employee handbook, collective agreement that is in place at Living Water Resorts.
5. Maintain the restaurant’s reservation book (when required) to maximize seating throughout the meal service.
6. Answer the phone within 3 rings in a pleasant and clear manner – “Good Afternoon / Evening, Lakeside Seafood & Grill, this is ____________, how may I help you”?
7. Pre-opening, ensure all tables have the appropriate place settings – clean silverware, glassware, china, napkins, etc. and that the overall room is clean, debris free and free of any deficiencies.
8. Pre-opening, ensure all menus are current, clean, wrinkle free and plentiful.
9. Create a positive guest experience through guest interaction and adherence to the “Steps of Service”.
10. Greet all guests in a welcoming, caring, friendly and professional manner along with an enthusiastic and pleasant demeanour.
11. Seat guests at a clean and properly set table – pulling out chairs and placing a clean and current menu in front of each guest and providing any additional assistance if needed.
12. Move and arrange table, chairs and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs.
13. In-depth knowledge of the current menu’s food items, daily specials and ingredients.
14. In-depth knowledge of the current wine and spirits beverage menu.
15. Suggest and offer food and beverage items and accurately take food and drink orders in a timely fashion
16. Up-sell menu items to increase the check.
17. Communicate with manager / kitchen staff any special guest requests to ensure the best service.
18. Time each food course coming from the kitchen appropriately and serves the food accordingly to the dining room’s “Steps of Service”.
19. Monitor dining room / patio for seating availability, safety and the well being of all guests throughout the meal service.
20. Responsible for clearing and re-setting the tables in the restaurant throughout the shift.
21. Inform the manager / supervisor of all guest queries or complaints so that they can be resolved / answered on the spot.
22. Responsible for a $100 cash float, checking and balancing cash float and receipts at the end of the shift.
23. Understanding of the resort’s credit card policy and adheres to it.
24. Performing host / hostess, room service and bartending duties if required.
25. Responsible for all cleaning, restocking and rotating of inventory pertaining to the front-of-house operations.
26. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the shift, practicing clean as you go procedures.
27. Maintain cleanliness of guest washrooms next to the restaurant.
28. Complete the restaurant’s opening and closing duties for each shift as outlined by the manager.
29. Maintain professional working relationship with all fellow staff members including other departments.
30. Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures and works in a safe manner at all times.
31. May perform other duties and functions as assigned based on business levels throughout the resort.
- High School diploma
- Previous dining room server experience a strong asset, preferably in a fine dining establishment
- Must hold a valid Food Handler Certification
- Must hold a valid Smart Serve Certificate
- Knowledge of the Squirrel POS an asset
- Knowledge of wine and spirits an asset
- Computer literacy in MS Window
- Strong salesmanship skills
- Demonstrates creativity
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and have a strong ability to prioritize.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Must be able to maintain standards under variable conditions
- Professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Works the majority of the time indoors and outdoors during the summer months
- Carry hot or cold plates / trays of food
- Must be able to bend, reach, lift at least 30lbs
- Must be able to walk and stand for an average of 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
This position requires a responsible, mature individual with initiative and a hands-on approach.
The incumbent must be well organized, flexible and have the ability to prioritize for maximum efficiency. This position requires someone with strong interpersonal skills, who is responsive to internal and external demands.
This job description is not limited to those duties specifically listed and can be changed at anytime in order to adapt to business demands or organizational changes.
Living Water Resort
Non - Management