JOB TITLE: 3rd COOK
DEPARTMENT: KITCHEN – LAKESIDE SEAFOOD & GRILL
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE CHEF / SOUS CHEF
Living Water Resorts prides itself in its people. As a company we are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. From part-time jobs, to co-operative education experiences, to Leadership positions, Living Water Resorts offers you the perfect place to build your resume and spread your wings.
At Living Water Resorts, we’re looking for dynamic, energetic people join a truly unique employment experience where you are expected to:
- take advantage of the many perks the resort offers
- give back to your community
- look after yourself and nurture your emotional, spiritual, and physical wellbeing
- make friends and lasting connections so that your job is fun and rewarding
We’re looking for enthusiastic people…
Living Water Resorts is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Should you require accommodation in relation to any of the materials or processes used during the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources. Living Water Resorts will make every effort to accommodate persons with disabilities in a timely, effective and suitable manner.
Focus of the position supports and assists the Kitchen in the processes, preparation, storage and service of food for the restaurant. Generally will work sandwich / salad (lunch) and appetizer / salad / and dinner areas of the line. In the absence of the 2nd Cook, the 3rd Cook will take over the responsibilities. This position will assist the 1st Cook and 2nd Cook and Kitchen stewards in all requested matters.
1. Demonstrates through their own behaviour the Service Culture Standards of Living Water Resorts in providing a fun and caring environment for our guests / members and fellow team members which in turn will create special memories.
2. Responds to guest complaints and resolves them in a way that ensures the guest is satisfied, will return again and that every guest departs happy.
3. Maintains and delivers a “no compromise” attitude towards providing the highest possible level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the guest.
4. Adheres to all of the mandatory written standards of operations, policies, procedures, manuals, oral instructions, employee handbook, collective agreement that is in place at Living Water Resorts.
5. Actively works with management and front line staff with food quality.
6. Must be up to date with Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) and organize prep work as needed along with a-la-carte preparations as required.
7. Able to work garde manger, desserts, banquets, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Assist all other cooks as needed.
8. Maintain inventory and order board.
9. Process raw goods for pre-preparation.
10. Properly store all food inventories according to correct food handling guidelines.
11. The correct preparation of all foods according to recipes and / or instruction and maintaining consistency and accurate plating.
12. Provides superior presentation of food for our guests.
13. Keep full uniform, self and work area clean and sanitized.
14. Abide by all schedules, kitchen rules and regulations.
15. Encourage, support and teach other culinary employees.
16. Be a part of organizing, and maintaining order and cleanliness in the kitchen area.
17. Generates ideas for continuous improvement within the department
18. Has a general knowledge of the resort’s facilities and services
19. Must hold a valid Safe Food Handling Certificate
20. Adheres to all Health & Safety policies and procedures and works in a safe manner at all times.
21. Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and have a strong ability to prioritize.
22. May perform other duties and functions as assigned based on business levels throughout the resort.
- Some previous hotel / restaurant experience
- High School diploma
- Basic knife handling skills
- If not already enrolled in a recognized Culinary College program or registered in an Apprentice program and must be willing to do so within 6 months of hire
- Food Safe Handling Certificate
- WHMIS Certificate
- Must be able to maintain standards under variable conditions
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Works the majority of the time indoors
- Exercise care when handling knives, glassware and dishes
- Works with and around open flames, deep fryers and hot ovens.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals
- May carry hot or cold trays of food
- Must be able to bend, reach, lift at least 30lbs
- Must be able to walk and stand for an average of 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
This position requires a responsible, mature individual with initiative and a hands-on approach.
The incumbent must be well organized, flexible and have the ability to prioritize for maximum efficiency. This position requires someone with strong interpersonal skills, who is responsive to internal and external demands.
This job description is not limited to those duties specifically listed and can be changed at anytime in order to adapt to business demands or organizational changes.
Living Water Resort