Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is one of Ontario’s leading community hospitals. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children’s services. We are also proud to be part of
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is one of Ontario’s leading community hospitals. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children’s services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
Our 526 physicians, 28 midwives, 2,400 staff and 1,000 volunteers serve patients and families with an honoured to care mindset and are focused on delivering an extraordinary patient experience to the residents of Markham, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Uxbridge and beyond.. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
The Patient Registration Clerk is a valuable member of the Patient Access team and has a significant impact on the efficient and effective operation of the registration function. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for registering patients for all hospital visits, answering telephone inquiries, collecting demographic information from patients, completing patient insurance information and assisting with flow through the registration area.
The successful candidate will primarily alternate weekends (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) evening shifts 1500-2300. The successful candidate must be able to work all shifts, including days, nights and weekends as needed. Please note schedules are subject to change based on operational needs.
BAND CUP03: $23.90 - $26.89 per hour
What you bring to MSH:
- Previous patient registration department experience in a hospital setting required
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and understanding in patient registration
- Experience with Meditech 6.0 preferred
- Bed allocation experience preferred
- Well developed keyboarding/computer skills with a minimum keyboarding speed of 45 wpm
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well in both a team environment and independently
- Excellent communication, facilitation and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital takes pride in serving some of Canada’s most diverse communities. We are committed to fostering an environment of equity and inclusivity where every person can work and receive care safely, openly and honestly. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital or family status, belief system, or other factors related to one’s personal identity and/or values. Furthermore, Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.