Systems Support Specialist
Job Number: 85018
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: McMaster University Medical Centre
Organization: DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 31.8800 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 40.8700
Post Date: Nov 25, 2020, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External
: Dec 2, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
The Department of Diagnostic Services supports a high volume of diverse adult and pediatric patients and families, providing service within Radiology, CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Interventional Radiography, PET, and Ultrasound. Most areas within Diagnostic Imaging provide services 24 hours per day, seven days per week. The Department of Diagnostic Services is dedicated to caring for both adults and pediatric patients, providing services across multiple sites.
The adult Medical Diagnostic Units at Hamilton Health Sciences include the MDU’s at Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre, and West Lincoln Memorial Hospital. These are all administered in the Diagnostic Services program with a unified management structure. Specially trained physicians, technicians and technologists provide a range of both In-Patient and Out-Patient diagnostic testing that focuses on Cardiac, Pulmonary, and Neurological issues.
The Systems Support Specialist supports business activities in the Diagnostic Services Department & Medical Diagnostic Units through the generation and maintenance of statistical reports as they relate to operational measures as well as enabling improvements in information system use through assisting with daily tasks, upgrades, revisions and education. This includes assisting in the monitoring and maintenance of the Radiology Information System (RIS), Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and other information systems. The Systems Support Specialist must have a thorough and complete understanding and expertise in Diagnostic Services daily operations; including referral and scheduling of procedures, departmental daily core functions; computer systems (including RIS, PACS, DI-r, Voice Recognition) and departmental processes in all areas, including Radiology, Ultrasound, CT, Angio/Interventional, Mammography, MRI and Nuclear Medicine modalities as well as areas within the Medical Diagnostic Unit/Electrodiagnostic Services.
Schedule Work Hours
Days (Evenings, Weekends, Holidays and On-Call as required)
1. Post secondary diploma in Computer sciences or equivalent work experience or skills
2. Preference given to those with PACS Administrator Certification Program or courses/experience in RIS administration
3. Minimum of 2 years experience in a Diagnostic Services and/or IT Operations in a hospital environment
4. Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) required
5. Demonstrated knowledge and skills with Meditech Magic and ITS, McKesson STAR, PeopleSoft, Dictaphone systems, PowerScribe and PACS preferred
6. Previous experience in RIS, PACS and general computer literacy to support applications from multiple vendors required
7. Knowledge of telecommunication, intercom and dictation systems an asset
8. Experience with Computer hardware/software support and network trouble-shooting
9. Proficient keyboarding skills (min. 40 wpm)
10. Demonstrated ability to work responsibly in a team environment as well as work independently
11. Demonstrated excellence in effective communication, organization, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
12. Evidence of participation in on-going education & professional development
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment. Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset. If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements: Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement