Acquired in December 2017 by Kinepolis Group NV, Belgium, Landmark is Canada’s second largest motion picture theatre exhibition company. From a single screen in 1965 to today, we continue to provide the perfect setting for popcorn munching Movie Lovers to connect and share their love of movies at 45 theatres on 325 screens throughout Western Canada, Ontario and the Yukon Territory, in multiple formats that include Premium Large Format (PLF) brands (IMAX®, Extra, Xtreme), and RealD 3D
Acquired in December 2017 by Kinepolis Group NV, Belgium, Landmark is Canada’s second largest motion picture theatre exhibition company. From a single screen in 1965 to today, we continue to provide the perfect setting for popcorn munching Movie Lovers to connect and share their love of movies at 45 theatres on 325 screens throughout Western Canada, Ontario and the Yukon Territory, in multiple formats that include Premium Large Format (PLF) brands (IMAX®, Extra, Xtreme), and RealD 3D technology, and in select locations in the premium comfort of Full-Recliner Seating and with the added convenience of FREE Reserved Seating.
WHO WE ARE:
At Landmark Cinemas, we are the Cast and Crew of Canada’s second largest motion picture, theatre exhibition company, and WE love movies as much as YOU love movies…. But it’s more than just a movie. That’s why our cast members are valuable and why we are always focused on creating an exceptional movie experience for our Guests. Why the quality of our popcorn matters and why a perfect presentation is understood. Every detail is important to us, which is why we think like owners and remain steadfast in accomplishing our goals. It’s why we opened our first theatre in 1965. And why we’ll continue making your movie experience the best that it can be.
We are connected to the communities we serve, and our Cast and Crew are proud to support Kids Help Phone. As a National Sponsor of the Walk, through promotional support and fundraising initiatives in our theatres, Landmark Cinemas is committed to supporting the mental health and well-being of both our youth Guest and Cast & Crew.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are the leading role in everything you do, setting an example by upholding and directing others in the Company Values, programs, policies and procedures. You are continuously focused on leading the Cast and Crew in delivering the ultimate movie-going experience, and you drive theatre success and continuous growth by cultivating entrepreneurship within your team. Developing a positive internal culture and making improvements to the employee experience is of upmost importance to you. You are comfortable overseeing the complete operations of the building and you would enjoy working closely with your Operations Director and Regional Vice President in order to achieve targets, forecasts, and budgets... and YOU love movies!
- Review, adjust, and execute on business & financial plans for the theatre. (Including, but not limited to; Operational goals, budgets, human resources, assets, attendance levels, food service, marketing, and community involvement)
- Select, train, and develop a team of Cast & Managers focused on Guest service
- Administer and operate all pertinent systems (POS, audit documentation, training, and projection)
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with theatre management, as well as the Operational Leader, by attending all scheduled meetings and by use of the communication tools provided
- Communicate and respond to outside resources including Emergency Service personnel, Cinema Support personnel, Operational Leaders, Supplier, Contractors, and Community Groups to identify and resolve daily operational issues or concerns; as needed
- Greet and engage Guests and make them feel special - helping to create movie memories that last a lifetime
- Develop a succession plan and provide consistent performance feedback to all levels of Cast and address performance issues in a timely manner using effective performance management tools
- Participate as an active member of the local community
- Work safely and ensure all levels of Cast are made aware of and follow safe work practices. Be prepared to respond in the event of an emergency as required - including the coordination of Guest evacuation
- Comprehensive and competitive compensation & benefits package
- Annual bonus system eligibility for full-time management
- Growth opportunities within the theatre and Cinema Support Centres
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program to support wellness
- Competitive vacation allotment to promote work-life balance
- Free movies and discounted concession snacks
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience motivating and managing a dynamic team to achieve positive results in a timely manner
- Completion of a post-secondary school program with a focus on business acumen, hospitality, entertainment, and food service management would be considered to be an asset
- Proven track record in a leadership role within a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to excellence in Guest service with proven ability to maintain a significant attention-to-detail
- An ability to set actionable goals, takes initiative to deliver, and shows persistence in problem-solving while keeping others focused on results
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis, food production, revenue control procedures, and related systems is considered to be an asset
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite