You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Program Manager, Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Workplace Strategy
Ready to build the “Future Workplace Strategy” as it pertains to Corporate Real Estate? We’re not just talking about how COVID has impacted Corporate Real Estate strategies and programs, we are looking even further in to the future to build the best and most relevant workplace experiences for our employees on a global basis!
As a Corporate Real Estate Workplace Strategy Program Manager in Sun Life's CRE Team, you will be responsible for developing long and short term strategies to support business plans and goals. This will include developing scope, time, budget, benefits, and delivery plans, as well as creating materials for program socialization and approval.
You will help senior executives, technology, HR, and business subject matter experts clarify program objectives, requirements and translate these into a plan, while creating alignment, establishing direction and leading the execution of initiatives.
Your experience with pricing, cost of capital, financial/budget planning, risk management, financial and project reporting. Working with support from finance partners the incumbent will create and manage financial reporting and forecasting for strategies.
The Strategy Program Manager role has a direct responsibility for management and accountability of long and short term strategy initiatives assigned, ensuring compliance to project management policies, standards and procedures.
- Manage client relations to ensure that program delivery expectations are specified and met
- Create program deliverables that meet/exceed the program sponsor's specified expectations
- Engage program stakeholders and communicate program updates to ensure buy in and program success (examples: meetings, status updates)
- Provide clear direction and motivation to project teams
- Work with multi-site project teams across time zones
- Understanding of greater CRE strategies, standards and Project requirements
- Develop detailed work plans, project schedules, estimates, and resource plans
Strategy Program Accountabilities:
- Develop creative yet practical long and short term strategies for corporate real estate / services for all our office locations
- Assist in solutioning unplanned requests to ensure alignment to strategies
- Monitoring of business requirements and when required updating of existing strategies to align.
- Develop reporting and KPI’s to communicate the results of the strategies against projected benefits.
- In conjunction with Account Management Team, develop strategy awareness programs
- Monitor the effectiveness of the strategies to inform for future implementations.
- In conjunction with Account Management Team assist in the development of standardized communication and templates to deploy in strategies
- Work with Future Workplace Strategy planning and design Teams to build strategies to support the role out and adoption of new standards and programs.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all questions and matter related to Workplace and Office Strategies
- Ability to lead teams of internal employees or consultants to develop and roll out strategies. (examples: designers, planners, broker partners, engineers)
- Conducts interviews and discussions with the business stakeholders to gather, coordinate and synthesize project requirements, functional, operational and culture issues.
- Identifies, analyzes and applies related quantitative and qualitative data to the creation and execution of strategy plans.
- Coordinate and align with other relevant strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate stack and block fit plans, migration/phasing plans and project sequencing.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current and future space needs and understanding of the business direction and changing workplace needs.
- Lead space initiatives and other special projects as required in support of departmental and business objectives.
- 7-10 years of Corporate Real Estate strategy, design, and project management experience for business environments. Or perhaps your transferrable project management experience is aligned with other environments such as hospitality/hotel customer facilities, retail facilities customer experience, large/complex theatrical productions, virtual work experiences, or events management just to name a few?
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills
- Solid business and Corporate Real Estate / Facilities (or similar) acumen
- Motivated individual capable of owning and driving assignments
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (verbal & written)
- Observe and suggest continuous improvements to the program management practice
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize wide range of tasks
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting customer expectations
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication, managerial, motivational, organizational and planning skills.
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Design or Architecture Background
- Change Management Experience
- Lean Process Improvement
- University degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with insurance and finance industry
What’s in it for you?
- To be part of a dynamic team of professionals in a highly collaborative environment
- Opportunity to grow your skills through on the job coaching and formal training
- To be part of an innovative culture where continuous improvement is valued and embedded in what we do
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
- Flex hours and periodic work from home options.
- Let's discuss if our salary grade range requires flexibility
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:67,400/67 400 - 110,100/110 100
Job Category:Project Management - Process
Posting End Date:30/12/2020