Reporting to the Director of Materiel Operations (located at Halifax Stanfield International Airport) the Trenton CSC Warehouse Manager will oversee the efficient receipt, inspection, storage, retrieval, shipping and delivery of client-owned aerospace parts, components, test equipment and consumable hardware. He/she will be responsible for managing the warehouse staff (Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Shift Crew Leads, Warehouse Operators and
Reporting to the Director of Materiel Operations (located at Halifax Stanfield International Airport) the Trenton CSC Warehouse Manager will oversee the efficient receipt, inspection, storage, retrieval, shipping and delivery of client-owned aerospace parts, components, test equipment and consumable hardware. He/she will be responsible for managing the warehouse staff (Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Shift Crew Leads, Warehouse Operators and Technical Inspectors), processes and systems with the goal to promote high productivity (through lean warehousing) with the intent to meet or exceed performance metrics and annual budget targets. The Warehouse Manager shall also ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the warehouse facilities, equipment and stock. The manager shall also ensure all customer issues are handled effectively and in a timely manner to meet and exceed the requirements of the customer. He/she will work directly with others to identify and demonstrate ways to improve individual performance as a mentor and a leader. This is a performance-based contract and the Warehouse Manager is directly responsible for attaining and sustaining performance metrics and standards for inventory accuracy, order fulfillment and pack-up kit readiness.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Recruiting, hiring, training, supervision and terminating of staff;
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance and progress of staff and taking administrative action to correct poor performance or workplace behaviour in accordance with company directives;
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity and performance targets are met in the areas of inventory accuracy, order fulfillment and pack-up kit readiness;
- Communicating with on-site client representatives, other client sub-contractors and 8 Wing Supply personnel;
- Ensuring quality, budget and environmental objectives and standards are met;
- Coordinating the optimum use of computerized inventory control systems, materiel handling equipment and semi-automated storage aids and automated industrial dispensing machines;
- Responding to and dealing with client and customer communication by email, fax and telephone;
- Keeping stock/inventory control systems up to date and accurate by ensuring the completion of accurate stocktaking cycle counts as per schedules;
- Working on-site client representatives to plan future warehouse capacity requirements;
- Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and briefing warehouse staff on performance statistics on a daily basis;
- Visiting end-user customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving;
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene, environmental stewardship and security in the work environment by ensuring appropriate training is provided and procedures are adhered to;
- Managing company owned and customer supplied assets to include the overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment;
- Work planning, assigning and directing - plan and organize the daily activities of the supervised warehouse staff to include the scheduling of overtime;
- Coordinating the training and orientation of new staff on material handling equipment, health & safety, environmental and warehouse operating procedures;
- Active monitoring of warehouse workload/tasking to include the preparation and submission of additional work requests through company contract administration to customer for review and approval for any work tasks deemed out of contract scope;
- Set/achieve performance targets (metrics) and holding staff accountable for meeting the performance targets;
- Institute and practice lean warehousing to eliminate waste;
- Act as a focal point for program materiel warehousing matters with client and customer on-site personnel;
- Ensure manpower is equitably distributed to meet needs dictated by workload;
- Ensure that the company operated warehouses are properly maintained with respect to cleanliness, packaging, location, identification, labeling, segregation, security and safe working conditions;
- Attend program meetings; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade twelve diploma (undergraduate degree preferred) and at least ten years experience (with a minimum of 5 yrs. managerial experience) in Aerospace Logistics and Supply Chain Management (SCM) and related fields, or a suitable combination of education, training, civil/military experience with a solid record of achievement.
- Logistics and SCM experience must include the management or supervision of shipping, receiving, picking, security, inventory control, quality control, safety and all other supply chain service requirements to include computerized and automated inventory control systems.
- Ability to motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas in both written and oral form.
- Ability to interface with suppliers and customer management.
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve customer issues in a responsive manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Understanding of performance-based working environments and financial/budget monitoring and reporting.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and computer skills are a must.
- Must have a strong logistical and customer service background.
- Must be familiar with MS Office Products (Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft office) and Warehouse/Inventory Management Systems.
- Must be able to manage and support multiple tasks on a consistent basis, while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Must have the ability to organize, schedule and plan daily activities while supporting staff with technical warehouse operations knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret statistical data relating to the effective and efficient analysis of the operation.
- Must be flexible with work hours and willing to work overtime and other shifts when needed.
- Must be professional and lead by example at all times.
- Must instill lean practices into the operation.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Learn & 6S activities in your area.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances.
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
- Applicants must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume