Our company is currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our North American Finance team. Dixon Ticonderoga Art ULC (formerly Baywood Paper) is a subsidiary of Dixon Ticonderoga Company. Our mission is to engage, inspire and empower teachers, students and artists to be their best by providing them superior educational and art products. Dixon is the leading North American supplier of Art and Education products,
Our company is currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our North American Finance team. Dixon Ticonderoga Art ULC (formerly Baywood Paper) is a subsidiary of Dixon Ticonderoga Company. Our mission is to engage, inspire and empower teachers, students and artists to be their best by providing them superior educational and art products. Dixon is the leading North American supplier of Art and Education products, serving School and Retail Markets. Dixon Ticonderoga Company is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin. We are also quickly accelerating our global growth, with the combined strength from our parent company, F.I.L.A. (Fabbrica Italiana Lapis ed Affini).
As a team member of Dixon Ticonderoga Art, you will help us build a positive working environment and carry out our values and mission.
The successful candidate will be excited to improve processes, welcoming of change, eager to collaborate with individuals within Finance and Human Resources, and interacting with other departments within the organization. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude to contribute to the success of a reputable business and to advance within the organization. This position can grow in challenge and complexity based on the individual’s ability.
- Responsible for preparing and posting recurring monthly journal entries, including payroll entries.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly / quarterly basis to ensure completeness and accuracy of our financial statements.
- Review of financial statements for accuracy in reporting monthly expenses.
- Assist with financial reporting into our parent company, F.I.L.A.– including intercompany reconciliations, core business sales and net financial position.
- Assist with annual budget and reforecast preparation.
- Responsible for overseeing the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable vouchers, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Initiating check runs, wires and ETFs.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Remit- source deductions, EHT, WSIB, HST Returns and Corporate Taxes in a timely manner.
- Responsible for data integrity of full Human Resource Information System (HRIS) for Canadian employees.
- Coordination of annual benefits enrollment.
- Provide support for cash liquidity calculations.
- Maintain banking relationship.
- Provide support for insurance renewals.
- Provide needed information to support tax calculations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills including data extraction, analysis, and use of Microsoft Excel Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word.
- Prior experience with SAP is a plus.
- Prior experience with HRIS – UltiPro is a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making abilities, and sound business judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, driven, strong work ethic, self-starter, hard-working, energetic, conscientious, highly engaged, committed, motivator and team builder.
- Deadline-oriented and the ability to spot errors and discrepancies.
- Time management. Managing many different priorities at once, meeting frequent deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- 3+ years of related experience in accounting is required.
- Previous payroll experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- The employee will experience normal working conditions where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, and other related elements.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee and are not be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, abilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
PreferredMicrosoft WordIntermediateMicrosoft ExcelIntermediate
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)