We are looking for a new Cost Accountant to join our Costing Team. This position operates within the Corporate Finance team reporting to the Director, Operations Finance. This role creates and maintains key product costing data, including trending and maintaining accurate product costing, developing new product costs, and other cost accounting functions as assigned. This position also maintains accurate costs and purchasing burdens for all procured products as well as raw
We are looking for a new Cost Accountant to join our Costing Team. This position operates within the Corporate Finance team reporting to the Director, Operations Finance. This role creates and maintains key product costing data, including trending and maintaining accurate product costing, developing new product costs, and other cost accounting functions as assigned. This position also maintains accurate costs and purchasing burdens for all procured products as well as raw materials and finished products. Preferably, the position will be based out of the Halifax or Lunenburg office.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Develop new product costs following HLFs process in collaboration with various departments.
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of all manufactured and procured finished product codes, including bills of materials, at the Branch Plant level.
- Assist with periodic updates to bills of materials resulting from engineering and production changes, ensuring proper audit trails are followed and documented.
- Assist with the quarterly cost update process including updating cost component data at the branch plant level in addition to providing analysis and interpretation of costs to users.
- Participate on new product project teams and manage the product costing process and cost analysis as required.
- Provide assistance to other departments and HLF plants through interpretation of costing data, system support for specific applications, and general support as required.
- Assist with the continuous improvement of the manufacturing/cost enterprise system through innovative reporting, system improvement and data integrity.
- The incumbent must strive for continuous improvement in the company’s data collection and conversion processes to improve both the effectiveness and efficiency of the information and provide advice and recommendations designed to enhance the costing process.
- Business degree with major in accounting or relevant experience.
- Strong computer skills in spreadsheet applications including creation of pivot tables and relevant formulas.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to meet constant deadlines.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work with non-financial personnel.
- Experience working in a team environment with the desire to seek continuous improvement.
- Ensure controls and documentation requirements are followed.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience using JD Edwards and business intelligence systems.
- Previous costing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with standard costing.
- Professional accounting designation is an asset but not required.
Please apply via UltiPro by end of day on Friday December 4, 2020
High Liner Foods would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. High Liner Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
High Liner Foods is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process may contact 1-888-846-0306 for assistance. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require accommodation for your interview, please notify Human Resources as soon as possible.