Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail,
Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.PURPOSE STATEMENT
The Maintenance Electrician performs electrical preventative maintenance functions to keep production and electrical equipment operational. This is a steady day shift position that will also be responsible for driving and owning TPM (Total Productive Manufacturing) across the plant. TPM is a new initiative for Rich Products Fort Erie starting this year, with the goal of empowering our associates to own their equipment and make decisions to drive out losses. Successful candidates will receive complete TPM training after hire.
- To respond quickly to any calls from production to keep production equipment operational in a safe manner.
- To receive and complete electrical and mechanical work orders as well as preventative maintenance work orders when assigned by maintenance team leader.
- To record all problems or observations that should be brought to the attention of team leader.
- To troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic failures on various types of machines.
- To select, install and repair busways, flexible and rigid conduit, cable trough wire and communication wires.
- Read, interpret and revise ladder logic, distribution, fluid power drawings.
- Work with and assist in mechanical issues
- Owns the PM systems for the line, focusing on Defect Handling and Breakdown Elimination, and later Maintenance Planning and Scheduling.
- Supports and leads portions of loss-elimination planning.
- Drives breakthrough results in Planned and Unplanned Downtime, and owns:
- Maintenance & Repair costs for the line
- % Planned Maintenance and % PM’s complete
- Breakdown reduction
- Coaches and develops Shift Teams by serving as a technical coach / resource.
- Actively participates in trio Daily Line Meetings and execution of the daily action plan.KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Industrial Electrician 442a
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment preferably in the food industry.
- Experience working with Allen Bradley PLCs and VFDs
- Experience working with Fanuc Robots would be an asset.
- Refrigeration Operators class B ticket would be an asset
- Knowledge of TPM would be an asset
In accordance with the Canadian Human Rights Act, Rich Products of Canada Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”) will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, age, sex, record of offences, marital status, family status, handicap, sexual orientation or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, provincial, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under certain provincial or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at [email protected] if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.