Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Reporting to the Plant Manager your challenge will be responsible for managing the Production Department. Your role is critical in achieving synergy and efficiency between the departments while engaging employees.
- Provide strong leadership in health and safety on a daily basis;
- Motivate and engage employees and provide coaching to create a culture of empowerment;
- Support employee development and foster collaboration with all departments and business units;
- Ensure world class results in safety, quality, waste, OEE, continuous improvement and 5S;
- Develop and implement operational strategy to effectively maximize resources to achieve targets;
- Develop and implement standardized manufacturing practices and procedures with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Strong control of operating costs to maximize the return on assets;
- Be leading edge with manufacturing best practices and innovation.
- 10- 15 years of supervisory, management leadership progression in manufacturing with proven track record
- A safe attitude at all times and ability to promote an engaged culture;
- A positive, energetic and determined approach to reach objectives;
- Ability to be a member of a team, collaborate with others and be accountable;
- Ability to guide, coach, and mentor team members;
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and propose solutions;
- Ability to manage time to reach objectives and follow up to ensure commitments are honored;
- Ability to be open minded and react favorably to changes;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships;
- Ability to listen and communicate with empathy;
- Ability to focus on the essentials and efficiently produce to meet or exceed the expected results;
- Strong communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- Agility to learn and work with various technological tools and systems
- Ability to analyze, assess and take measures, in a timely manner, to solve problems;
- Knowledge of SAP software and proficient use of various computer programs
- Microsoft office and other platforms such as Teams, Skype, SharePoint
- Knowledge and experience in corrugated industry strongly preferred
Core competencies defined for this job
Planning and organizing
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Job Segment: Industrial, ERP, Developer, Manager, Plant, Manufacturing, Technology, Management