The Health Services I&IT Cluster provides information management and information technology solutions that enable and support the business requirements of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Long-Term Care and its agents. The cluster supports the Ontario government's I&IT Strategy and plays a leadership role in major business transformation initiatives and infrastructure projects that are currently underway. The cluster is also working to promote the evolution towards a common IT infrastructure for government.
Why work for the Ontario Public Service?
We are re-thinking how we deliver services through various initiatives, modernization initiatives and how we access and deliver critical services remotely. We are striving to enable a future-ready OPS workforce through a technology focused enterprise-wide strategies.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) offers a competitive compensation package. We support career and leadership development, invest in learning opportunities, and recognize team and individual achievements, and support flexible work arrangements.
If you are looking for an opportunity to have an impact on the design of long-term sustainable I&IT solutions that deliver business results, consider this position with the Integrated Corporate I&IT Solutions and Integration Management Branch, Business Intelligence / Business Analytics Unit, where you will use your technical design and leadership expertise across a range of challenging initiatives.
As an I&IT Senior Solutions Designer, you will:
- set technical direction and plans for integrated end-to-end solution and/or infrastructure design, including providing input to and influencing target architectures
- collaborate and participate as a team member with business and IT stakeholders in all business improvement initiatives
- analyze, investigate, design, develop and coordinate/lead the design of specific business and/or infrastructure solutions
- lead and deliver Logical and Physical design collateral, including project planning, execution and closeout
- evaluate and recommend technology and best practice guidelines for all infrastructure solutions
- participate in the procurement process of the solution/infrastructure and identify resources required to implement and support them
Please note: This role will have a focus on Information Management to support Business Intelligence, Business Analytics and Data Science with data management, database development, data warehouse design, ETL development, report development and related technologies.
- you have extensive knowledge and experience of current and emerging technologies in the fields of Business Intelligence, business analytics and data science such as Cognos and SAS
- you have knowledge and experience with data management such as Data Governance, Data Standard, Data Catalogue, Data Quality, Data Linage, Data De-Identification, Data Security, Master Data Management
- you have experience in database development and data transformation such as advanced SQL, data modelling, Python, ETL design/ development, data warehousing, Oracle and related technologies
- you have experience in DevOps/DataOps and Container based technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- you have knowledge of fraud detection solutions and advanced analytics using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- you have knowledge of architectural domains, infrastructure technologies such as Cloud and development standards
- you have knowledge of technical trends and open source especially for OLAP and Information Management field such as Data Lake, Big Data
- you have knowledge and experience with project management methods, analytical and risk assessment tools and processes to oversee projects
- you have knowledge of procurement and tendering policies and processes
- you have in-depth knowledge of the information technologies, applications, specific infrastructure technologies (such as integrated networking, storage, mainframe, directory/messaging formats and so forth), industry and computer language
- you are able to develop and prepare technical specifications and documentation for installation, testing and performance
- you have the ability to conceive, research, assess and evaluate needs of clients, identify possible methodologies and technologies for application and/or infrastructure, evaluate next generation solutions and make recommendations to satisfy client short and long term technology requirements and the impact on existing services and infrastructure
- you can resolve competing priorities and deadlines, identify, assess and escalate issues
- you can investigate, analyze, design, develop and oversee implementation of business and/or infrastructure solutions and activities to meet client and enterprise business requirements and ensure integrity and integration with existing technology
- you have demonstrated consulting and advisory skills to provide advice and obtain support for solutions recommendations and business cases, and to liaise with vendors
- you have relationship building skills to develop and maintain relationships with clients, project teams and staff, resolve issues and create a productive work environment
- you have demonstrated presentation skills to convey technical information, explanations, options and recommendations for diverse internal, external, technical and non-technical audiences
- you have developed writing and editing skills to prepare business cases, technical documentation, reports, recommendations and presentations
- you have demonstrated team leadership and mentorship skills to lead and support staff and colleagues
- you have strong communication, presentation, persuasion, consultation and mediation skills to provide leadership and achieve mutual consensus
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 5700 Yonge St, North York, Toronto Region
Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Monday, November 30, 2020
- T-HL-157730/20 - The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures including, short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.