Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. To learn
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com . To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page .
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
New Afton Mine
Situated 10 kilometers west of Kamloops, British Columbia, the New Afton Mine is an underground gold and copper producing site.
Kamloops is a city of 90,000 people, located 350 kilometers east of Vancouver. The area provides the opportunity to live and work in a vibrant community with its own university and within easy reach of world class ski resorts, championship golf courses, mountain biking trails, popular recreational lakes and award-winning vineyards.
About the Role
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
Position Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
Duration: This temporary role is anticipated to end November 2021.
This position will be primarily focused on conducting the day to day warehousing activities associated with the B3/C-zone and TAT Projects in a safe, organized and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the physical and electronic shipping and receiving functions
- Involved in the issuing, storage and delivery of parts, equipment and drawings
- Assist in maintaining inventory records, storage locations and receiving logs
- Maintain a high level of customer service through communications with all clients including Project personnel, Contractors, Maintenance and co-workers
- Operate and maintain equipment and conduct daily equipment pre-op checks
- Conduct material checks and counts as required
- Work closely with various areas to reconcile invoice and receipt outages in SAP
- Ensures Laydown and Storage yards are organized and maintained
- Work with Maintenance personnel to ensure parts and equipment requiring lubrication, rotation, etc. are identified and cared for
- Complete Customs documentation for outgoing shipments as required
- Assist and actively participate in Safety activities and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess an Industrial Warehouse or Partsperson Trade Certificate
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in a large industrial warehouse setting
- Experience working with ERP systems and in particular SAP
- Experience operating equipment including Forklifts, Loaders and Telehandler
- Strong typing and computer skills and attention to detail
- Possess a valid Drivers License
- Mining experience preferred but not essential
Candidates will be required to participate in a comprehensive qualification process, including:
- Successful completion of pre-placement functional screen
- Provide proof of a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in Canada
- Provide confirmation of valid educational requirements
A competitive salary, performance bonus plan and benefits will be provided. This is not a camp operation and therefore the successful candidate will be required to relocate to the Kamloops area or travel and accommodation will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Applicants can submit their resume and cover letter until 11:59pm on December 3, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.