- Understand the business thoroughly, across its different business lines and locations
- Use data analytics technique for some investigation works
- Contribute to develop new tools and processes to increase audit capacity and efficiency
- Monitor continuously its evolution thanks to regular interaction with business partner
- Report audit findings/reviews to management, recommending appropriate and practical actions to address any issues identified
- Participate to the knowledge sharing initiatives amongst the market activities auditors team worldwide"
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Business or similar
- Preferably, has working experience in market activities: Front Office, Operations (Middle and Back Office), Risk controls
- Preferably, has programming skills (VBA, Python...)
- Knowledge of investment banking and financial products including derivatives and of related rules and regulations
- Good analytical skills, at ease with data
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Positive attitude and able to work with all level of staff
- Creativity in doing audit (e.g. Identifying the key risk, designing smart controls...)
- Fluent English is mandatory, fluent Mandarin/Cantonese preferred
Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA. Department Description
The General Inspection and Internal Audit Division (IGAD) is the third line of defence, which conduct independent audits of operational entities in an objective, thorough and impartial approach.
The Trainee will assist in performing audit missions for market activities in Asia, providing an independent and objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the management systems and controls.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 2021/04/01
Publication date: 2020/10/29