Site Name: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
Posted Date: Nov 5 2020
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GSK has been operating for over 60 years in Malaysia and grown substantially both in its infrastructure, business operations as well as talent base spreading across its four business entities – Pharmaceuticals & Vaccines, Consumer Healthcare, Business Service
Site Name: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
Posted Date: Nov 5 2020
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GSK has been operating for over 60 years in Malaysia and grown substantially both in its infrastructure, business operations as well as talent base spreading across its four business entities – Pharmaceuticals & Vaccines, Consumer Healthcare, Business Service Centre and Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain.
We are currently looking for experienced Assistant Production Manager to coordinate, develop and lead a team of production operators to manufacture or package GSK products a manner that exceeds GMP safety, quality and service standards that deliver right first-time products against preset production schedules.
- To develop and enable a first touch team of operators (including technical operators) to consistently deliver outstanding safety, quality, service and value to the person at the end of our supply chain’=- customer obsessed. The role has a direct hour by hour impact on the ambition of the Site Strategy to achieve the three zeros on Accidents, Defects and Waste.
- Accountability for ensuring that the area achieves its targets whilst meeting compliance standards production schedule and supply targets.
- Ensuring that the Operations business strategy aligns with Site Strategy is delivered through an engaged, motivated and capable team of staff. Work closely with the Business Unit Leads to drive improvements and deliver departmental targets.
- Ensure that the first touch team of operators consistently follow the judgmental ladder – EHS, Quality, Service and Cost
- Creating and confirming standards (against the 4M’s, Material, Manpower, Method, and Measurement) required managing safety, quality, compliance and output. This includes being well prepared to have a good shift/batch/day/etc.
- Be highly visible during times in the shift so as to support the team when there is more risk for issues e.g. Line changeovers, area line clearances and providing guidance and resolving problems as they arise
- Ensure ongoing sustainability of all activities (including GMP/Quality, Validation, GSK Global Engineering Standards, EHS standards, Good Engineering Practice,)
We look for people who appreciate the importance of safety and quality and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you’ll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity – as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, science or similar in operations related / technical such as chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry, pharmacy or materials science and engineering
- 5 - 8 years of experience in production / manufacturing
- Demonstrate strong leadership experience in leading production team
- Experience in GMP will be preferred
- Licenced Pharmacist with Malaysia Ministry of Health will be preferred
- Ability to operate in a diverse team embracing multi culture aspects and creating inclusive environment.
- This role requires to work 5 days a week, including weekends (Saturday & Sunday).
- This role requires to work on 3 shifts (morning, afternoon, night) following production schedule.
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.