We are Malayan Flour Mills Berhad, an established billions ringgit public listed food manufacturing company. We aspire to be a leading food manufacturing enterprise in the region and have also diversified its business from flour milling to the sale of raw materials and integrated poultry business. Its integrated poultry business includes the breeding and sale of day-old chicks, broiler and breeder farming, processing and sale of poultry products and feeds
We are Malayan Flour Mills Berhad, an established billions ringgit public listed food manufacturing company. We aspire to be a leading food manufacturing enterprise in the region and have also diversified its business from flour milling to the sale of raw materials and integrated poultry business. Its integrated poultry business includes the breeding and sale of day-old chicks, broiler and breeder farming, processing and sale of poultry products and feeds milling. With over 50 years of experience and workforce in Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia, as part of our expansion plans, we are seeking the right talents to be part of our winning team.
Join us today! https://www.mfm.com.my/careers/
You will be esponsible for maintaining wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) to ensure full compliance to Government Regulations and make continuous improvement to optimise maintenance, electricity, chemical and sludge treatment and disposal cost. Evaluate current WWTP for cost effectiveness and recommend capital or operational process improvement.
Your Job responsibilities:
- Work closely with the plant Project team in the implementation of DPP Phase 2 WWTP
- i) Define design parameters for the Phase 2 WWTP
- ii) Review and critique proposals, plans, or designs related to wastewater treatment systems
- iii) Compile all necessary information of the existing plant operation including coordinating IECS report for the Phase 2 design
- iv) Coordinate with processing plant operation for any shut down for carrying out any interfacing works during the construction and WWTP equipment installation
- v) Ensure compliance of effluent parameters during testing & commissioning
- Periodically conduct wastewater parameter studies to identify and characterize wastewater at various key discharge points in the processing plant with the objective controlling pollutant at source. Provide workable actions with plant process personnel to curb uncontrolled practice of allowing the pollutant discharging into sewer lines and causing excessive pollutant ended up in WWTP.
- Gather and analyse wastewater data to ensure full compliance with Department of Environment (DOE) Standard and to identify potential problems and take pre-emptive corrective actions to ensure the WWTP is always in good operating condition.
- Analyse and implement the most cost- effective approach on sludge treatments or disposal methods.
- Manage all chemicals and scheduled wastes in the processing plant and WWTP to ensure full compliance with Government Regulations.
- To set up a lab capable of testing all the key parameters of wastewater.
- Provide technical direction or supervision to subordinates (engineer, technical personal, operators and lab assistants) on day-to-day operation of WWTP to ensure full compliance to Government Regulations including the following activities:
- Control odor emission from WWTP
- Collect and test samples of sewage, employing analysis standards and testing equipment, to ensure treated water meets DOE standards
- Inspect machinery and maintain surveillance on operating conditions, gauges and meters to ensure continued efficient operations as well as detect malfunctions
- Record and track plant and equipment operational data, including meter and gauge readings, and observe a regular schedule for maintenance and upgrades to prevent system breakdowns
- Maintain and repair plant equipment to by using both hand and tools
- Prepare and submit report in compliance to the requirements of Government AgenciesExperience:
- 3 – 5 years of working experience at WWTP or consultant specializing in WWTP design
- Bachelor of Science in field related to wastewater engineering, environmental, civil, mechanical, chemical engineering or chemistry.
- Preferably a certified competent person by DOE on management of WWTP.
MFM is honored to receive the following awards:
- 2019 - Human Resources Asia Recruitment Awards 2019, Best Onboarding Experience (Bronze)
- 2018 and 2019 - HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2018 and 2019 (Malaysia Edition)