At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.JOB
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.JOB SUMMARY
Undertakes status checks on "work in progress" activity within the manufacturing area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews the manufacturing systems to ensure material delivery due dates are in line with manufacturing required dates.
- Interacts with I.C. group to ensure kits are available to match weekly plans that have been established.
- Works with planning to attain 100% on time deliveries.
- Continues to help implement process improvements.
- Facilitates communication between production personnel, I.C. group and planning to quickly react to conflicts and issues affecting production schedules.
- Interfaces with material handling, requirements planning and purchasing to quickly identify material shortages impacting production.
- Attends meetings to provide WIP status and to gather program schedule information when required.
- Runs MES Wip Matrix report as required.
- Performs MES to physical check at specified time throughout shift.
- Ensures WIP integrity between MES, Sap & physical count.
- Liaises with planning & manufacturing to agree schedule for work area using scheduling tools and systems.
- Works with planning & manufacturing teams to position wip, raw material to meet schedule.
- Reports shift by shift performance against plan.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil's software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.