Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network), application infrastructure (e.g. SAP), and related services (e.g. Business Continuity) throughout the lifecycle of a deal in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards. Provides technical input, solutions, and recommendations to deal pursuit. Engaged in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Monitors service delivery
Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network), application infrastructure (e.g. SAP), and related services (e.g. Business Continuity) throughout the lifecycle of a deal in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards. Provides technical input, solutions, and recommendations to deal pursuit. Engaged in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards, and customers and/or internal businesses/end user requirements. Provides IT infrastructure and/or application infrastructure lifecycle technical support, including planning, project management, installation, on-going management/monitoring/troubleshooting, and de-installation, following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards (e.g. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)). Manages the technical/service relationship between the company and the customer, and between the company and subcontractors/vendors. Works with the key customers and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (Infrastructure Support Managers, Client Manager and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. ITO Service Delivery work is generally performed remotely from the company facility, but may be performed at the customer’s location when required/justified.
- Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers.
- Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
- Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently.
- Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
- Escalation Management: identify, mange, and lead escalations through L4.
- Work with others to help manage escalations through L5.
- Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
- Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/IT infrastructure needs.
- Lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board or Technical Advisory Board.
Patch and Security Management:
- Provide input to security policies.
- Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
- Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment.
- Approve patch and security changes.
- EnsureConfiguration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Apply the company's solutions or, when justified by business needs, create solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/IT infrastructure needs.
- Provide feedback to create new the company solution sets.
- May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- Participate, propose, and/or lead complex customer and internal projects, including transformation, across technology/ customers and/or internal businesses/end user's areas. Provide review/advice to projects inside/outside responsibility areas.
- Customer Relationship Management: Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users on a broad range of technical and operational topics.
- Becoming a trusted advisor to the customers and/or internal businesses/end users.
- Develop and grow assigned customers and/or internal businesses/end users account relationships.
- Lead or work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multi- functional, and addressing complex issues.
- Trusted advisor inside technology area and recognized outside team/technology area.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May have Master's degree in related field.
- Often holds intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
- Typically 8+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Typical skills include:
- (Expert) in one or more technology sub-areas.
- (strong) understanding of related technologies.
- (strong) Customer Service.
- General Project Management.
- Influencing Others.
- Customer/Vendor Management.
- Business Analysis
- General Financial Management .