The Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Specialist is responsible for sourcing candidates, screening resumes, interviewing, and referring well-qualified applicants to Hiring Managers for open positions. The TAO Specialist is expected to understand and support the recruiting needs of the business and proactively seek and maintain a qualified candidate pool/skill database. He/She will work closely with
The Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Specialist is responsible for sourcing candidates, screening resumes, interviewing, and referring well-qualified applicants to Hiring Managers for open positions. The TAO Specialist is expected to understand and support the recruiting needs of the business and proactively seek and maintain a qualified candidate pool/skill database. He/She will work closely with the HR business partners to ensure timely, thorough, and consistent onboarding of new hires and transfers.
KEY TASK RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss current and future needs.
- Sources applicants by researching and contacting different sources such as, but not limited to associations, colleges, partnerships, employment agencies.
- Provides organization information, opportunities, and benefits.
- Makes presentations and reports related to HR Recruitment policy.
- Identifies, sources and promotes diverse recruiting sources and methods.
- Creates job postings to be posted internally, externally, and on any applicable online job boards.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications and reviewing the position/s with hiring management.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzes responses; verifies references; compares qualifications to job requirements.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules; arranges travel, lodging, and meals; escorts applicant to interviews.
- Manages intern program by sourcing qualified intern applicants, interviewing and sourcing, conducting orientations; scheduling rotations and assignments.
- Prepare monthly and weekly Talent Acquisition reports by collecting, retrieving applicant tracking system data, analyzing and summarizing recruiting KPI metrics through reports and dashboards.
- Responsible for ensuring that the best job candidates are selected at an organization.
- Maintain and update Talent Acquisition documentation including encoding and updating information in SAP.
- All other duties assigned.
- Supports new hires through the orientation period and on-the-job training process.
- Gathers & analyzes data on new hire onboarding experiences to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements.
- Works with HR Business Partners to implement effective onboarding and training approaches to maximize transfer of knowledge and skills during the onboarding process and ensure a positive onboarding experience.
- Follows up with HR Business Partners to proactively identify concerns and implement/recommend solutions.
- Tracks individual and overall onboarding metrics identifying trends and improvement opportunities.
- Performs and/or implements quality system and ISO-related activities.
- Assists in verifying the accuracy of all information before processing or releasing to internal or external customer.
- Implements/or carryout quality improvement activities and functions as may be formally and officially defined by the immediate superior or by the executive management.
- BS / BA Degree required with an emphasis in Psychology, Business Administration or Human Resources.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, completed projects and customer requests on time.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with various levels of employees.
- Strong working knowledge of: MS Office and social media platforms.
- Candidate should be solutions oriented analytical thinker and able to manage project timelines.
- Prior experience in a recruiting operation that is process and metrics focused.