Are you ready to be part of an international work environment among highly dedicated colleagues, working with crew operations in a world leading product tanker company? If so, you might be the talented colleague we are looking for.
TORM is a leading, world-class shipping company where the goal is to become the Reference Company within the product tanker industry. Absolute reliability, high quality and safety are the cornerstones of the Company's success which we achieve through our renowned “One TORM” platform.
As an employee in TORM, you will be part of a leading, world-class shipping company. Our corporate culture is characterized by well-defined values and an informal but performance-oriented working environment.
The Crewing Manager will be part of Marine HR Team consisting of 17, and will be reporting to the Deputy General Manager and President . The right candidate will enjoy a role with the opportunity for vast cross functional involvement and get insight in the whole value chain of TORM.
Crewing Manager is responsible for the day to day crewing operations of assigned vessels, which includes the following:
- Manage seafarer’s career, performance, and development plan
- Monitor career progression through promotion pipeline in coordination with Training Department
- Identify training needs and schedule training
- Manage crew change by identifying and informing vessel of assigned seafarers, timely submission of forward planning with reliever’s names and status, and compliance on Officer’s Matrix requirement
- Plan and perform crew changes in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Coordinate vessel assignments, terms of contract, salary scales and benefits
- Responsible for the logistics of seafarers’ briefing/debriefing
- Ensure smooth and safe travel of off-/on-signing seafarers through coordination with vessel, agent, travel agency and Crewing Assistant
- Ensure proper and timely documentation of all lined-up seafarers through proper coordination with assigned Crewing Assistant
- Timely and proper updating of Crew Personnel System in relation to seafarer’s activity (planning, sign-on sign-off, home)
- Monthly review of vessel crew cost and budget
- Resolve seafarer’s disputes or concern through regular vessel call or any other means of communication
- Responsible in proper monitoring of handled seafarers under sick/injured status, and HMO and Life insurance coverage, for planning purposes and through close coordination with Crew Welfare Assistant
- Coordination with other Marine HR teams globally to support and align fleetwide requirement
- Coordination with Tanker Operations and support projects related to Marine HR
- Conduct Training for seafarers as back-up (e.g. Induction, PDOS, Rating and Officers Seminar)
- Support Global projects
The ideal candidate should have the capacity to manage different priorities and is people oriented with at least two years of relevant work experience in the field of crewing operations. The right candidate holds relevant educational background in Maritime Studies.
Furthermore, he / she should:
- Experience in crew planning is a must
- Experience in working in Crew Personnel Systems
- Solid knowledge of maritime policies, rules and regulations both local and international level (e.g. ISM, MLC, CBA ,STCW, POEA)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate with all types of people and with multi-cultural environment
- Strong problem solving, analytical and customer service orientation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high attention to details and strong planning skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Willing to be assigned in Cebu Branch Office from time to time
As the work environment is very important to us, the right candidate will be one who can contribute to the positive social atmosphere in the team and value a mutually supportive atmosphere.
We offer competitive salary which will reflect your experience and qualifications, and an attractive benefits package including bonus and pension. Furthermore, TORM offers a variety of activities for our employees during the year.
The position offers a permanent employment contract on local terms and conditions.
Please submit your application and CV via above link or our website www.torm.com/careers/ashore as soon as possible or no later than 30 October 2020.
Applications are evaluated continuously, and interviews will take place as soon as possible. Your application will be treated with confidentiality. Our reply will be sent to the email address from which you send your application.