Learning and Development Coordinator
White & Case is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our long history as an international firm means we are perfectly placed to help our clients resolve their most complex legal challenges wherever they may be.
With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, we have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market. We are distinguished by our on-the-ground presence in the world’s key financial markets and our strengths in handling complex cross-border work.
It’s not just about our global network of offices; it’s the global interconnectedness of the Firm that our people, and our clients, value most. We work well together across geographic and practice boundaries. It’s one of the reasons we attract and retain cross-border work. And why we attract a diverse group of people.
Our lawyers are globally minded, enterprising, collaborative and committed to excellence. Diversity is a core value of our Firm and it has been recognized with numerous awards and top rankings around the world. Our people represent 90 nationalities and speak 80 languages.
Responsible for receiving, verifying, inputting and processing learning and development information assigned and requested by supervising manager and/or stakeholders based on agreed and communicated process guidelines. Provide customer service by receiving and responding to ad hoc queries and requests on a need basis coming from People Development Team.
Trusted advisor or career coach, project manager or strategist, recruitment administrator, talent expert or experienced generalist? As part of our global People (Advisory) team, you can expect to utilize and develop your skills across every aspect of human resources and talent management.
Whilst traditional HR tasks are an important component of our work, we also apply this practical knowledge to high-level strategic initiatives that deliver on our employer value proposition to best enable and grow our business. We lead and manage significant projects to attract, retain and engage the best people, and we are recognized for our ability to get the job done.
We’re proud of our high performance work ethic, as well as the central role that we play in fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture. Through extensive contact with partners and business services leaders, we are trusted to offer advice and implement changes that help our teams perform at the highest level and deliver outstanding client service. Working with us will enable you to become a great professional, and develop a uniquely broad range of experience to draw on throughout your career.
Duties and Accountabilities
- In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties listed below. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and ability required for the position.
- Receive, verify and process requests for all transactional and logistical support in the implementation of all training related activities of the Firm.
- Maintain and update the training system used in storing employee and training records for the electronic safekeeping of information. Tasks include the following activities using the learning management system (LMS) and training dashboard:
o Understanding rules in assigning training credits depending on jurisdiction of the lawyer
o Setup of training courses and events in the learning management system, release of training calendar and invitations and uploading of training materials in the file site.
o Validation of training attendance per course/event
o Setup of evaluation and send out of evaluation reminders
o Generation of composites and related training report
- Coordination with relevant People Development Managers and Professional Support Lawyers for the recording of CPD/CLE records of training participants.
- Manage scheduling and coordination of all training and ensure that all required training certifications are up to date.
- Arrange logistics of training events including coordination with training events vendors and relevant departments for internal and external trainings.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned including providing coverage to tasks assigned to the HR Systems team.
- Management of training session materials following certain protocols to ensure an efficient filing and retrieval system.
- Setup and management of online video links and coordination with relevant parties for the timely posting of videos in the LMS system.
- Creation and periodic review and update of business process documentations.
- Manage the Learning and Development Mailbox, providing timely and accurate response.
- Perform additional duties in the area of Performance Management and other duties as assigned by Local Manager and/or Stakeholder.
- Previous experience in managing training logistics preferred.
- Good organization skills with strong attention to detail and follow through in assignments.
- Should be a team player and be able to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of MS Office products used for analysis and presentation of data, specifically MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Visio.
- Ability to collaborate and actively contribute in a strong team environment, yet able to work independently and take ownership of tasks.
- Client-focused attitude. Experience providing client service to internal and external clients.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities and projects with competing priorities and strict deadlines. Must have the ability to prioritize work as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the firm.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- This role is for Manila and will be reporting to the L&D Manager.
The Firm may modify and amend this job description at any time at its sole discretion.
1The above is a general description of the essential duties associated with this position and does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties.