TERMS OF REFERENCE – INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
This vacancy is open for locally residing Senegalese nationals ONLY.
Vacancy No: ITC/ICA/20/2020
Assignment Title National Project Officer
Category/Grade UNOPS – LICA-8
Requesting Division / Section Division of Enterprises and Institutions/ Sector and Competitiveness
Duty station Senegal
Duration until 30 June 2021
Application period 16 October – 23 October 2020
The Export Sector Competitiveness Programme (ESCP) also called Netherlands Trust Fund IV
Programme (NTF IV) is based on a partnership agreement signed by the CBI and ITC in September
2017. ESCP aims to enhance export competitiveness of selected sectors in selected countries through
an integrated approach to sector competitiveness built around one outcome and the four following
- Validated plan for sector and enterprise development in place
- Export capacity of male and female owned SMEs increased sustainably
- Capacity of TSIs improved in providing sector development support services to SMEs along thesector value chain
- Business linkages and technical partnerships/collaborations expanded.
Senegal is part of the selected countries for NTF IV. In Senegal, the ICT sector has been chosen based
on the priority sectors identified under the national development framework strategy, the Plan Sénégal
Emergent. NTF IV Senegal targets job creation at impact level in the IT and IT-enabled Services (ITES)
sectors. At the outcome level, it is planned to increase export revenues of SMEs by enhancing export
competitiveness of the IT and ITES sector.
Under the direct supervision of NTF IV Project Manager, the National Project Officer will be responsible
for the following duties:
Planning and execution of NTF IV Senegal activities in 2021
• Assist in monitoring the implementation of NTF IV planned activities for 2020 in coordination with
the Ministry of Trade, the Senegalese Export Promotion Agency (ASEPEX), the industry
association OPTIC and other relevant local stakeholders.
project team; and report on project implementation, important meetings, obstacles encountered,
- Communicate regularly via e-mail and/or phone with the NTF IV Senegal Project Manager and
local developments, and any other issues that may have an impact on the project.
Identification of new NTF IV beneficiaries
INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTRE Page 2
- Review the list of current NTF IV beneficiaries and identify the companies with low-level
commitment to the project. Based on this criterion, prepare a list of the companies to exclude
from or downgrade in the NTF IV project, as well as possible upgrades.
Collect results data
and interview them based on the NTF IV RBM framework.
- Assist in conducting regular surveys by contacting and visiting the Gold and Silver companies
- Collect and submit the data as per NTF IV procedures.
Organize quarterly ThemaTIC breakfasts meetings to facilitate networking between SMEs and
and invite relevant speakers according to the theme for the trimester events for 2020.
- Suggest topics and contribute to selection of themes for the themaTIC breakfast meetings; identify
- Encourage networking and facilitate collaboration between participants.
- Inform participants about project activities on the subject foreseen for 2020 and report on progress.
Liaise with stakeholders on project activities
especially beneficiary companies, and relevant TISIs.
- Pro-actively communicate 2020 project activities by liaising with all local project stakeholders,
visits, phone and email.
- Assist in coordination of project activities with NTF IV companies, when required, through direct
Contribute to the identification of relevant trainings for the beneficiary companies and the
organization of NTF IV companies and start-ups participation
- Conduct consultations with beneficiary companies and start-ups to identify training needs.
- In consultation with the NTF IV Senegal project manager, suggest recommendations on relevanttraining topics and assist in identifying local trainers.
- Conduct follow-up surveys after training using NTF IV templates; prepare and share evaluation
report with participating companies.
Provide administrative and substantive support to steering committee meetings to monitor the
implementation of the national IT & BPO export strategy
to the development of the strategy to participate in the regular review workshops.
- Assist in mobilization of members of the steering committee and concerned parties who contributed
Provide support to the coordination of business-to-business related events under NTF IV
participating companies and provide technical expertise/light mentorship to companies as needed.
- Assist Senegalese beneficiary companies in the participation of events, guide and advice
organisations to prepare for the event.
- Conduct pre-B2B meetings and e-learning capacity building activities for the selected companies/
- Provide B2B support to the beneficiary companies during the event.
- Conduct follow-up surveys after B2B events, using templates and contribute to data gathering,identification of success stories, etc.
- Prepare call for applications and ensure participating representatives have valid travel documents,including local partner representatives.
- Assist in coordination of e-learning capacity building activity benefiting the companies in advanceof the event.
- In collaboration with NTF IV local partners, plan and organize events and the modalities of NTF IVparticipation.
- Communicate through the network of investors and encourage participation in events.
- Search opportunities for NTF IV start-ups participation and pitching of investors at events.
- Enter all information in NTF IV shared google file.
- Performs other duties as required.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTRE Page 3
Minimum education and qualifications (level and field of study)
A first level university degree in international business, economics, marketing or related fields.
Note: An advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in international business, economics,
marketing or related fields may be accepted in lieu of the required work experience.
Minimum experience (nature, length and field of experience)
A minimum of two years of relevant experience in project management in trade-related technical
assistance. Relevant experience in the IT&ITES sector would be desirable. Commercial experience with
developing countries an asset.
Minimum language requirement
Advanced knowledge of French. Knowledge of Wolof. Knowledge of other languages spoken in Senegal
as well as English would be an advantage.
Mandatory skills and knowledge
• Knowledge of the Senegalese IT/ITES industry;
- Familiarity with project management, technical assistance and result based management (RBM);
- Sound knowledge of international trade issues with particular reference to intra- and inter-regionaltrade; involvement in international marketing at both company and institutional level;
- Computer literate.
Critical job-specific competencies
• Respect for Diversity
• Planning & Organizing
- Client orientation
For information on how to apply please click here. Applicants will be contacted only if they are under serious
consideration. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.