Software Engineer (Java)
Responsible for providing best-in-class technical support to a global customer base. Maintains ownership for the resolution of complex technical problems, including debugging, simulations, locating bugs, and tool and script development for problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and reproduction. Engineers are responsible for providing resolution to issues within the parameters of contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
What will your job look like?
- o Provides engineering expertise to troubleshoot, modify and engineer software solutions and configurations to ensure the product/solution performs within optimal design specifications
- o Adheres to Amdocs change management processes
- o Ensures that the solution is maintainable, scalable and supportable
- o Designs, develops and maintains tools/automations to assist in troubleshooting, debugging and support
- Investigates, debugs and reproduces issues, provides fixes and workarounds and verifies changes to ensure continued operability of the software solution
- Highlights risks and helps in mitigating the risk from technical aspects
- Analyzes production issues from business and the application/code perspective and outlines corrective actions
- Performs impact assessments of the issues and contributes to the Root Cause Analysis of critical issues
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement
- Introduces continuous improvements and increased efficiency to the software or business processes by utilizing Software Engineering tools, innovative techniques and the reuse of existing solutions
- Applies automation to minimize complexity, reduce time to response, etc.
- Quality & SLAs
- Contribute to meeting the SLAs and KPIs as applicable for the account and unit - for example, responsiveness, resolution, software quality SLAs, etc.
- Ensures that assigned tasks are completed on time and that delivery timelines are met in accordance with the quality targets of the organization
- Onboarding & Knowledge Sharing
- On-boards new employees and trains them on processes and knowledge sharing with team members
- Takes active role in team building, including technical mentoring and knowledge transfer
- Communicates with internal/external customers to enhance the understanding of customer problems, and verifies that an appropriate resolution has been applied
All you need is...
- Bachelor’s degree holder in any IT-related field
- 1 - 3 years work experience
- Working knowledge and experience in programming languages like JAVA, React, Unix Shell Script, Perl
- Working knowledge and experience in Unix and SQL
- Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle
- Preferably with Telecommunications background and experience
- Willing to work on a Dayshift in Ortigas, Pasig City