Tutorial - Screening Candidates with Interview Chatbots
As you receive applications, you’ll naturally want to determine whether candidates are qualified for the role. The next logical step is to decide to move them forward or not in your hiring process – usually onto an interview.
The process of matching your job’s requirements to the experience, education and other information captured in candidates resume is usually the most time-consuming part of recruiting if done manually. In fact, talent acquisition leaders estimate it takes up to 23 hours of resume screening for just a single successful hire.
When you receive hundreds of applicants a day, for multiple job opening, with over 60% of applicants judged unqualified, how can you keep up?
In this article, we’ll guide you on how to edit and leverage GrabJobs Interview Chatbot technology, to automate the screening of your applicants as they apply.
1. What is GrabJobs Interview Chatbot Technology?
By definition, a chatbot is a software or a robot, built to communicate with real people via messaging.
Instead of going through piles of resumes every day, GrabJobs Interview Chatbots conduct your initial online screening round with your candidates as they apply. It is designed to answer all of your repetitive and time-consuming questions to figure out whether an applicant is qualified or not for the role you’re hiring.
2. Why is the Interview Chatbot Important?
Interview Chatbots streamline interactions between candidates and employers, making the application experience easier for both side.
- Screens your applicants as they apply.
- Scores and rank them according to their qualifications to the role.
- Effortlessly identify which applicants you should assess first.
- Saves your time from assessing applicants one-by-one to identify quality candidates.
At the same time, Interview Chatbot are an opportunity for companies to improve their applicant engagement process and hiring efficiency by reducing cost of time-to-hire.
For instance, Chatbots:
- Never gets tired – asks all your repetitive questions to many applicants at once.
- Never takes breaks – you may work 6–8 hours a day, while chatbots are available 24/7 and never gets sick or ask for day off.
- Perform unbiased screening – never judges anyone on their race, caste or ethnicity.
- Fasten the initial interview process – instantly inform candidates about the next steps of your recruitment process and assist in scheduling upcoming round of interviews with top applicants.
- Provide a familiar interface – available from everywhere, making the candidate feel at home while taking interviews.
3. How Does the Interview Chatbot Work?
All Jobs posted on GrabJobs are powered by Interview Chatbot. This means every applicants will go through a few question to complete their application. Those questions are designed to gather the basic information you’d be looking for in a traditional resume, such as experience, education, skills, geographic location, availability.
Interview Chatbot provide an interface accessible both from GrabJobs app and web-based optimized for mobile and desktop.
Stop spending long hours on recruitment, let GrabJobs automation work for you!
4. How to Edit Interview Chatbots for my Jobs?
Once you’re done completing your Job Details in the first step of the job posting, now comes the time to configure your Interview Chatbot according to your job requirements.
Doing that part right will be determinant to help you save time on your overall recruitment process. Your Chatbot will interview applicants over chat but also score and rank them by most relevant based on the set questions you’re about to edit.
4.1. Recommended Interview Chatbot Templates
You’ll first need to select a Recommended Interview Chatbot Template. These are generated according to the Job Title Type you selected while editing your Job Details.
The questions you set in your chatbot directly help to understand your requirements for the jobs and match you instantly with candidates that could be a great fit for the role.
4.2. Edit Interview Chatbot Questions
Expand your default set of questions by clicking on Advanced Options.
Welcome & Thank you messages – by default your Interview Chatbot questionnaires starts with this simple message: “Thanks for applying, The hiring manager has a few questions to get to know you better. You have 1 whole day to answer them all.”
Make it more personal and friendly with your own words to greet candidates!
Experience / Skills / Education Screening – those are determinant to determine if an applicant is qualified or not for the role. For each category, you’ll be able to add or remove questions linked to default Multiple Choice Answers. Each answers corresponds to a number of points you allocate to your applicants.
General Questions – you can also ask more generic questions to your applicants to get a glimpse of their character and motivation. With a short text answer to “Why are you the best person for the job?”, this is the chance for candidates to be creative and make an impression.
Other important informations – extend the screening of basic applicant including language skills / availability to start work / geographic location / working hours preference / expected salary and more.
4.3. Custom Interview Chatbot Questions
Do you have other repetitive questions you generally ask in your pre-screening rounds? You can edit your chatbot further by adding your own custom questions and answers.
Some custom questions examples:
- Do you have a valid F&B Safety & Hygiene Certificate?
- Have you worked in a Hotel environment before?
- In your opinion, what is the most important value a Team Leader should have, and why?
4.4. Can't Hire / Reject Automatically Option
In some cases, you’d like to avoid the noise of receiving applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements for your role. If some criteria are a big “no” in your process, you can automatically reject unfit applicants if they answer a given answer with your Chatbot.
The illustration below shows a situation where we’d be hiring an experienced accountant. We would consider any applicants with less than 2 years experience in a similar role as unqualified for that opening. Any candidates answering they have 1 year or less experience would be automatically declined.
5. The Ultimate Candidate Screening Process
Wouldn’t it be perfect if you could let your hiring process run on autopilot from sourcing to onboarding?
After screening and scoring candidates as they apply, your Interview Chatbot can shortlist top applicants and send an auto-generated message informing them about next steps in the your recruitment journey.
3 easy steps to follow in your auto-shortlist tab:
- Set your minimum qualification acceptance level
- Select a “Tag” to easily retrieve your shortlisted applicants in your ATS
- Edit your default message to inform applicants about next steps
You can also decide to take this automation process a step further by sending interview scheduling requests on the spot to selected candidates. Interviews can be organized digitally with Video, on the phone or face-to-face. Keep reading on the next tutorial to learn more.