Audit Assistant (SG United)
This position reports to the firm’s audit managers/team leader and audit partners. The firm’s management is committed to an employee-orientated, high performance culture that emphasises empowerment, quality work delivery and continuous improvement.
- Participate in audit trainings arranged by the firm and audit planning meetings, as applicable.
- Assist in audit procedural tests with guidance from audit team leaders, including walk-through test, sampling techniques, compliance test of internal controls, substantive tests of accounts balances, analytical reviews & audit verification by physical inspection, such as physical count of year-end inventories.
- Assist in the preparation of audit work papers & completion of audit programmes.
- Assist in the drafting of financial statements in accordance with Singapore Financial Reporting Standards and other related reports such as engagement lettersmanagement letters and audit adjustment schedules.
- Assist in tax computations and tax compliance work.
- Assist in compilation of financial statements in accordance with Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, including preparation of cash flows statements
Technical Skills and Competencies Trainee will learn during SGUnited Traineeship Programme:
a) Knowledge & skills in using Caseware audit software
b) Skill in performing audit tests & documentation of audit workpapers
c) Improve communication skills – oral & business writing
d) Develop quality financial statements reporting skill
e) Knowledge & application of Financial Reporting Standards
Duration of Traineeship/s Granted under #SG United:
12 months Government Grant. (Equivalent to Full Time Employment - Auto convert to Full Time Employment Position subsequent to the end of the #SG United Traineeship period)
Proposed Monthly Training Allowance per Trainee: Degree
Eligibility Criteria for SGUnited Traineeships:
Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident:
(a) Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2020 from Universities, or other educational institutions
(b) Graduated earlier and completed National Service