Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. Strategic Client Services (SCS) works with GSAM Portfolio Management, Distribution and internal business support partners to manage our client and fund execution services. SCS seeks to strengthen our client franchise by providing world class client service and execution in a controlled and scalable manner. Our SCS Client Account Specialist team is responsible for managing the cross-functional process of on-boarding new separate accounts and advisory mandates for institutional clients, as well as other life-cycle events including restructures and termination's of existing client mandates. SCS Client Account Specialists define and manage accountabilities across the entire GSAM organization involved in these processes, including Distribution, Portfolio Management, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Technology and Controllers. The team also identifies, escalates and helps mitigate business and operational risk by working closely with all functional areas. The team also helps standardize service offerings, qualify business opportunities and coordinate governance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understand and monitor pipeline of client events working closely with Distribution.
· Understand and manage every facet of a client event working closely with partners from Distribution, Portfolio Management, Operations and other business support partners before and during the event.
· Coordinate, organize and lead all internal GSAM discussions and serve as a point of escalation for issues throughout the client event.
· Partner with Distribution to manage client expectations and ensure exceptional client experience.
· Develop target delivery date and key milestones based on a deep understanding of client requirements, mandate details and service level agreements within GSAM and with business support partners.
· Manage the negotiations, vetting and tracking of all contractual obligations, including the Investment Management Agreement, Investment Guidelines, Non-Investment Commitments (e.g., operational / technology setup, reporting requirements) with key functional areas.
· Coordinate with Operations on operational implementation, including account, custodian and counterparty set up.
· Ensure that all functional areas are kept informed of the status of the client event and any sensitive issues or requests are escalated to and resolved with GSAM Management.
· Coordinate and obtain the requisite sign-offs from senior management in all impacted functions. Ensure that all prerequisite tasks are complete prior to authorization to trade.
· Contribute to the broader SCS effort to enhance client experience and controls and identify, streamline and implement process and governance improvements.
· At least 5 years of relevant experience
· Extremely diligent, organized and results-focused
· Exceptional judgment with an ability to grasp concepts quickly and problem solve through an analytical mindset
· Strong project management skills, including ability to organize, track and drive resolution to multiple threads of activity; hands-on approach to resolving issues
· Strong communication skills with an ability to gain trust and confidence from clients, internal functional areas and senior management
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.