The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group.
Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators.
Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science.
- Design analytical solutions/experiments to solve various strategic business problems through engagement and research.
- Building and deploying Machine Learning Algorithms, Advanced Analytics, and Data Visualization across the UOB group and region.
- Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program in developing and transforming the Analytics Capabilities across the group.
- Partnering with assigned teams and/or business units to provide deep expertise and advisory on advanced data analytics needs.
- Strong knowledge of data and analytics architecture to ensure analytics objectives are aligned to business priorities on the Data Analytics Transformation Program.
- Drive Innovation initiatives under CDO guidance and directives.
- Min Bachelor/Postgraduate in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Min 5 years advanced analytics working experience in banking / financial services / consulting industry. Possess a strong selection of skills and experience with analytical frameworks and languages such as SQL, R, SPARK, Python, Hive and other Hadoop-based languages.
- Possess a strong ability to query and use large, robust data sets across traditional Data Warehouse and Hadoop platforms.
- An analytical mind and team player with demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships by applying quantitative techniques to solve business problems.
- A strong communicator, with clear articulation of analytical findings through presentations.
- Experience with data visualization packages and/or tools will be a plus.
- Innovative and Agile thinking – experience with Test and Learn Frameworks desirable.