- Stable organization with opportunity to innovate and autonomy to make decision.
- Expanding business.
About Our Client
Headquartered in Australia, my client provides engineering services for the pulp and paper mills industry. They provide in-depth industry expertise and innovative design solutions for the construction of energy plants. Responsible to design for both brownfield and potentially greenfield projects, my client is looking for an experienced and passionate Mechanical Design Engineer that is interested in mechanical design for equipment and industrial facilities/ plant.
- Primarily responsible as a Mechanical Design Engineer for manufacturing facilities, prepare schematics and P&ID for installation and demolition work in the plant.
- Familiar with Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and knowledge in heavy industrial equipment such as compressor, vacuum, pumps, valves, cooling fans, heat exchanger system and other mechanical equipment, you will need to review mechanical drawings and prepare inputs for detail drafting.
- Analyse and assess existing mechanical systems, trace out piping, valves and equipment on site to verify/mark-up schematic drawings.
- Perform equipment design and modification work to ensure ongoing reliability of the in-service equipment and facilities in the plant.
- Specify mechanical equipment such as pumps, fans, valves, compressor system, heat exchanger system and other mechanical system.
- Design new system/new equipment process flow that is safer and more reliable and improve technology to ensure energy saving and cost saving.
- Prepare shop drawings, fabrication drawings, general assembly drawings and bill of materials for fabrication purposes according to industrial standards using 3D CAD Software (AutoCAD/Solidworks/Navisworks/Inventor/Catia etc).
- Liaise with vendors and prepare RFQ/quotation for mechanical parts/subsystem purchase.
- Perform finite element analysis on engineering related problems and equipment design development to ensure system design reliability.
- Development and stewardship of quality hold points related to equipment and system design, taking into consideration of FMEA testing, vibration diagnostic test etc.
- Propose alternative mechanical design optimization solution and perform modification to minimize machine/system malfunctions.
- Coordinate with operation and maintenance team in Australia/US and monitor progress during field installations for mechanical systems/equipment/industrial facilities design. In this instance, you may be required to travel to the plant for site work.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years R&D design working experience in mechanical equipment/heavy machinery and industrial facilities design work.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in 2D and 3D design, CAD software such as AutoCAD/Solidworks/Navisworks/Inventor/Catia etc.
- Able to travel to overseas plant when required for site work to detail mechanical system/equipment information.
- Must be meticulous, independent, self-started, good communication skill to liaise with US & Australia stakeholders and able to work in a fast-pace environment.
- Positive attitude with excellent time management and stakeholder management.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work in very interesting and sustainable mechanical design environment.