Connected Freight is a technology startup funded and incubated by Shell Ventures; one of the first corporate venture funds to focus on reducing emissions. Connected Freight enables a network of retailers, suppliers, and logistics providers to have an integrated process for order, dispatch, and fulfillment of your deliveries. With Connected Freight as your logistics partner, you save time, money, and reduce your carbon footprint. This is accomplished in one secure, transparent, and convenient platform.
We are looking for a sales engineer with strong customer focus to support the growth of our client and partnership network by helping to on-board new clients and partners and to contribute to our core platform.
If you are excited about creating beautiful, high performing and scalable applications, and you enjoy practicing modern agile software development process, TDD, BDD and DDD methodologies, Connected Freight has a place for you.
- Be a full software engineer member of the technology team. Continuously improve existing core APIs and integration platform to generalize new use cases and make them available for subsequent integrations, improve monitoring, alerting and notifications systems, and data quality monitoring.
- Be a partner of sales team to prepare technical proposals and recommendations for integration with partners and clients. Communicate with customers to clarify data format requirements, use of different protocols, and special technical requests.
- Deliver end-to-end integration solution. Explore new technology and out-of-the-box tools that can quickly provide value for our use cases. Troubleshoot technical issues related to data transformation and flow, and provide ongoing support for integration after launch.
- Project management of integration process, including providing status updates, communication across sales, technical teams and end users. Create comprehensive documentation of integration process for each client for future reference, training and support purposes.
- Experience working with B2B end users, customers and stakeholders directly.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Ability to manage a project independently and deliver software solution.
- Good understanding of computer network layers, software communication protocols, authentication and security.
- Strong problem-solving skill and ability to think out of the box.
- Excited to work in a start-up environment and able to learn fast.
- Excellent communication skills in English language both in verbal and written forms.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another quantitative field is preferred.
- Experience working with TypeScript and AWS is a plus.