What are my job responsibilities?
The Software Implementation Lead will drive the development and implementation of data driven solutions on the Rail Enterprise Asset Management System. He is responsible to manage the development team solution in relation to a specific use case and need to translate business requirements into a technical specification.
- Provide technical leadership and oversee software implementation (development and deployment) phase
- Oversee and drive software development and deployment teams comprising of Business Intelligence (BI), Webapp developer, Data Engineers, Data Scientist, DevOps Engineer to ensure on-time software delivery
- Coordinates and manage resources to effectively ensure successful execution of the software implementation workstream
- Track progress, monitor and manage any impediments, risks, issues, and changes during software implementation phase
- Management of stakeholder expectations and requirements
- Identify key weaknesses in current software implementation process and spearhead process improvements
- Collaborate with internal teams including Business Architects and Solution Architects to ensure right solutions are implemented
- Cultivate talent; build strong morale; motivate and inspire the team to want to exceed expectations
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Several years of proficiency in integration solution architecture and development roles, with at least 5 years in lead function role
- Full life cycle experience in the field of software development
- Experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
- Strong Experience in Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, HBase, Cassandra, Hive, Presto und Spark
- Technical experience and/or knowledge in the following areas: Business Intelligence, Data Governance, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Strong Experience in DevOps processes and tools (automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment (CICD), configuration management, serverless architecture)
- Ability to clarify complicated technical concerns to non-technical individuals
- IT governance, operation and system management knowledge
- In-depth expertise in software, hardware, systems engineering and IT security aspects
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated organizational, project and program management planning skills
- Experience working with software quality management approaches, techniques, and principles
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level