An exciting opportunity with our client as a Steel Structure Supervisor (QC) for a reputable global leader in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies awaits the successful candidate.
Job Roles & Responsibilities :
The steel structure supervisor is responsible to supervise subcontractors activities for all steel structure works.
· Supervise, monitor and inspect structural erection
· Answering all site technical queries with proposed solution as per project standard.
· Estimate manpower requirement for big volume of extra work/daywork including materials, tools and equipment in existing and new plant not shown in the contract.
· Final checking of monthly invoice of sub-contractor for the erection/installation of Steel structure.
· Requesting all materials certificate, ie steel, bolts nuts washer, required for steel structure installation including calibration certificate of torque wrench, theodolite, level for survey instrument before the final inspection of erection works.
· Checking of final alignment/levelness and bolt tightening by torque of all erected steel structure of the project.
· Prepare structural punch list and inspect/approved after completing the work by the sub contractor.
· Attending weekly production meeting with the client and sub contractor to resolve all possible problem of erection work.
· Random checking of supplier fabrication shop for on time/ advance schedule delivery of steel structure materials at site.
· Checking of all supplied steel structural materials with respect to the mark-up drawing and delivery packing list provided by the supplier.
· Requesting method statement for light, medium and heavy erection of steel structure including equipment positioning weight calculation provided by the sub-contractor.
· Attending toolbox talk with especial discussion of job safety.
· Implement the Field Quality Control Plan/Procedures and construction specification for construction activities.
· Support the Quality Control Manager (QCM) in performing the quality control activities in light of:
- Advising on quality control procedures, methods and practices/actions;
- Providing adjustments, when necessary, to QCP and QCR;
· Analyse and report the Quality Control results;
· Ensure timely resolution of any QC problems encountered during construction;
· Ensure the collection and filing of Quality Control Reports issued during the construction works and of any other document certifying the quality of the works in the Construction Quality Dossier to assure traceability of documents, according to itemization criteria by proper filing and indexing;
· Implement the “Field Non-Conformities Management Procedures”;
· From 5 years above of experience in Site construction steel structure activities and supervision.
· Bachelor of Science qualification