Provide assessment, care planning, managing clinical emergencies, safe medication administration, infection control, integrative care and supervising nursing aides and health care aide in accordance to the established policies and procedures.
- Provide nursing care and ensure quality service is rendered to the residents at all times;
- Develop, evaluate and modify care plans for residents;
- Assess the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of residents through observation and analysis of physical health indicators to evaluate care plan and identify modifications which may be required;
- Conduct frequent rounds with staff to check on residents’ health and medical conditions;
- Supervise and guide the staff assigned to the home to ensure that proper caregiving, nursing and administrative procedures are maintained;
- Supervise the medical assistance rendered to patients are in lieu with training and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Administer first aid and emergency health measures such as CPR;
- Perform dressing of wounds and lesions;
- Practice sterile techniques and other infection control procedures to minimize the transmission of infection;
- Monitor and participate in the personal care of residents/ clients, as required; for example, hygiene, feeding, positioning, transferring, ambulation, toileting; Use electric/ hydraulic/ manual equipment and lifting devices when required;
- Ensure that food prepared meet the dietary requirement of the residents;
- To be on call in the event of emergency in the Red Cross Home for the Disabled.
Social Welfare Assistance
Safe Work Practice
- Assist in events held at the Red Cross Home for the Disabled;
- Promote Red Cross Home for the Disabled to ensure optimal usage of resources;
- Encourage strong volunteer involvement among individuals, groups and companies;
- Any other duties assigned by Reporting Officer.
*Please note that there's no night shift at our nursing home but we do have morning and afternoon shifts.
Morning Shift - 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Afternoon Shift - 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Possess a recognised university degree / Certificate or Diploma in Nursing;
- State Registered Nurse.
- 5 - 10 years of relevant working experience in a hospital or health care environment;
- Experience in working with the disabled or the elderly preferred.
- Additional skills and knowledge
- Ability to perform holistic assessments / reassessments for residents regardless of complexity to establish a comprehensive plan for care;
- Ability to prioritize and organize work activity and provide work direction to staff members in order to complete assignments;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge to monitor staff performance and the environment ensuring a safe workplace for staff; provides re-instruction where needed;
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to act as a coordinator of care for complex residents, sharing nursing expertise and demonstrating leadership while working in collaboration with other care providers;
- Able to work independently, but is also a good team player;
- Self-motivated, resourceful and innovative;
- Demonstrates initiative, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well to people at all levels;
- Enjoy working with volunteers.