In J&J, we blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
The HR Leader, Medical Devices, Asia Pacific is responsible for providing HR leadership to realize business goals, as well as enterprise and sector HR strategies for the Asia Pacific Medical Devices business. The role actively supports business leaders through Coaching, Talent Management, Organizational Design, Change Management, and Business Partnering.
The role will seek to deliver the Medical Devices HR priorities in growing our talent pipeline, advancing innovation and growth, and igniting our culture.
This position is based in Singapore and reports to the Head of HR, Southeast Asia.
- Provide HR leadership and support to the Head of HR, Medical Devices, Asia Pacific to drive the HR priorities for APAC Medical Devices.
- Serve as the primary HR strategic partner to the APAC Medical Devices Regional Office Commercial and R&D organization leadership teams based in Singapore.
- Drive significant transformation agenda which is pivotal to business performance and growth. Implement effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change, e.g. acquisition, internal growth, restructuring.
- Understand deeply the business needs to develop and own the implementation of the HR strategy and solutions supporting both short-term and long-term business goals.
- Build and lead all aspects of organizational change plans which include organizational design, capabilities development, change management and culture development that embraces and advances J&J’s Credo, innovation and performance.
- Lead key HR processes for the talent agenda: talent review and succession planning, career management and development and partners with Global Services to support business leaders in performance management and talent acquisition. Drive leading edge talent development solutions and sharp assessment to grow global leadership and strengthen talent pipeline.
- Provide group and one-on-one coaching to managers and employees to support leadership development, business decision-making, human resources management, problem-solving and performance management.
- Use talent and workforce analytics to derive insights and inform talent and HR strategies in support of enterprise, regional and sector business goals.
- Build strong connections with broader HR community including global, regional and local HR partners, collaborating in delivering solutions and investing to grow those around you.
- Bachelors / Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- Post graduate degree in a related field or MBA would be an advantage.
Experience and Skills:
- Entrepreneurial attitude energized by growth and change agenda.
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to form relationships at all levels in the organization and interact effectively across the regional and global organization.
- Independent and critical thinking, with ability to appropriately challenge and hold business accountable for long term success.
- Strong external orientation and apply an outside-in view where appropriate.
- Strong Talent mindset, people acumen and assessment capability to evaluate leadership potential.
- Mastery in analytical (gaining insights from quantitative and qualitative data), facilitation, presentation and project management skills.
- Able to synthesize and integrate multiple inputs and translate into simple solutions/messages.
- Worked and flourished in a matrix environment. This includes working in and with complexity, ambiguity, influencing without authority, and operating effectively in teams and squads. Able to manage stakeholders at global and Asia Pacific levels.
- Strong sense of purpose, integrity, humility and work ethic.
- Versatile and seek broader and higher impact roles.