- Leading finished goods logistics operations to achieve assigned customer service goals and company objectives.
- Insuring inbound and outbound deliveries and shipments are on time and related customs formalities are fully complied with.
- Ensuring that distribution costs kept within budget without impacting operational efficiency.
- Managing service vendors (3PL, forwarders and transporters) and assist with the selection of 3PL logistics providers, implementation of logistics contracts, monitor service vendor performance and liaise with service providers to ensure service level commitments are maintained and costs are kept within budget.
- Support internal and external audits.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Import Operations - Coordinating all inbound freight activities with carriers, haulier and other logistics functions to ensure timely receipts of inbound shipments; resolving all inbound issues; preparing and ensuring documents and records are in compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Export Operations – Freight bookings with shipping line or forwarder/airline; preparing, validating and submitting export documentation; ensuring product/shipment is correctly packed and labelled; shipments and goods are collected and despatched on time; submission of documents to bank for L/C payments; ensuring maintenance of proper records for compliance, providing estimated shipping cost.
- Handling Singapore and Malaysia domestic deliveries – load planning and arranging delivery trucks; preparing invoice for processing of export permit and Malaysia’s import declaration; raising duties and GST deposit request for upon request; ensuring original K1 forms and customs receipts are returned and submitted to finance.
- Administration of all import/export/carrier/customers and 3PL claims processing - Liaising and following up with forwarders, carriers and other related functions on damages and losses; Maintenance of all claims records; Investigate the causes of claims and drive preventive/corrective measures.
- Initiates purchase requisitions of goods and services (including general purchases and transportation/warehousing) when required.
- Resolve non-conformant logistics and transportation issues regarding imports/ exports and communicates with supply chain, sales operations and/or customer order service teams as appropriate.
- Work with warehouses, brokers and transportation providers to ensure streamlined procedures in line with our business and products. Ensure vendors are in compliance with applicable regulations, meeting and/or exceeding the performance indicators and service levels. Chair Key Performance Reviews with service providers.
- Facilitate and participate in annual reconciliation of inventory with warehouse and annual physical inventory count.
- Maintenance of records according to regulatory requirements.
- General Administration which includes matching of invoices with proper documentation such as Delivery Notes, etc for mailing; Arrange courier of documents to customers; Suppliers’ billing verification, payment and reconciliation; Filing of documents (such as endorsed delivery notes, export shipping documents, etc.); Validate return Singapore and Malaysia delivery notes for completeness and proper endorsement by customers; Maintain domestic delivery data.
- Generating reports for analysis/activity on a periodic basis or upon request.
- 3-5 years of experience in supply chain and logistics.
- Experience in handling Singapore & Malaysia and Export Markets Logistics.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods.
- Experience in handling Letter of Credit.
- Enthusiastic and positive manner with a desire to provide excellent customer service & a proven track record of delivering on commitments.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to contribute positively in a changing environment and continually identify & implement improvements.
- Pro-active attitude - anticipating issues and problems and effectively resolving in a timely manner.
- Good PC Skills - Well versed in using Microsoft Office suite of programs & SAP.
- Experienced in performance monitoring to ensure KPIs are met and management reporting provided.
- Self-Motivator – requires little day to day supervision & has the ability to work under pressure and can prioritize work to deliver on commitments.
- Team player with good communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels in a professional and respectful manner.