The purpose of the Maritime & Supply Chain Excellence (MSCE) team is to bring people and resources together through an optimised maritime supply chain that is world class, measured by the safest coverage at the lowest cost.
The Maritime Supply Chain Sustainability team work to protect the integrity of the BHP supply chain.
This role will provide specialist maritime advice to our Asset, Commercial, Maritime teams, in conjunction with the development, implementation and rollout of a number of initiatives.
The position will be based in Singapore and may require travel to our offices and sites. The working hours are variable and reasonable afterhours work to support the 24/7 operations should be expected.
· Provide subject matter expertise for maritime, logistics and compliance requirements
· Ensure MSCE compliance with BHP ‘Our Charter’, Code of Conduct and Group Level Documents.
· Ensure MSCE compliance with relevant internal and statutory obligations.
· Current with local and international regulations on safety, emerging vessel threats, seafarers’ welfare, carriage of cargo and emissions by engagement with regulatory bodies and industry associations.
· Undertake monitoring and verification of shipping activities and associated support activities (e.g. vessel vetting, vessel physical inspections, risk assessments) against internal and external compliance and governance requirements.
· Coordinates the maritime Incident Management Team and associated system to ensure readiness.
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to maintain BHP’s leading position in product research.
· Bulk carrier or tanker maritime qualification preferable e.g. Master Mariner, Chief Officer, Chief Engineer current or otherwise
· Experience in, or exposure to the bulk carrier or oil and gas industry
· Experience in an onshore role utilising previous maritime experience
· Ability to challenge road blocks and find solutions whilst working within BHP and regulatory requirements
· High computer efficiency
· Effective planning and communication skills
· Stakeholder management
· Introduction of digital innovation in the maritime industry
· Strong analytical and organisational skills
· Works well under pressure
· Able to hold accountability and work well both autonomously and in a team centric environment
RecruitFlash Pte Ltd
33 Upper Paya Lebar Rd, Singapore 534803
RYY Logistics Ptd Ltd
31 Marina Coastal Dr, Singapore 018988
Forte Employment Services
7 Jurong Pier Rd, Singapore 619159
Raduga Pte Ltd
70 Lavender St, Singapore 338715
Soup Restaurant Singapore Pte Ltd
171 Kampong Ampat, Singapore 368330
60 Rue de Rivoli, 75004 Paris, France