Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organisations in an age of ever-changing risk. Working across disciplines, technologies and geographies, everything we do is based on our belief that taking risks is essential to our clients’ success.
We provide our clients with the insight to focus resources and ensure they are prepared to resolve the issues and crises that occur in any ambitious global organisation.
We go beyond problem-solving and give our clients the insight and intelligence they need to realise opportunities and grow. From the boardroom to the remotest location, we have developed an unparalleled ability to bring order to chaos and reassurance to anxiety.
The selected applicant will be required to work within the Crisis and Resilience Consulting team to develop and service clients throughout South East Asia (SEA), and other locations as they may be directed by the Company, including Greater China, India and Australia.
Working with a multidisciplinary team of security experts, resilience and crisis management specialists, you will play a critical role in resolving clients’ complex problems, responding to crisis issues and developing preventative risk management programmes.
Building and maintaining successful relationships with existing Control Risks clients will be important for this role and identifying and pursuing new clients and business opportunities to expand the risk and crisis management practice in the region is crucial.
You possess sound experience in the preparation and conduct of training activities, including developing desktop and semi-live exercise programs for executive level crisis management and business continuity teams. You are forward looking, able to advise clients at middle and senior management level on risk and crisis decision making, crisis response and developing effective risk and crisis management frameworks and high functioning crisis management teams.
You are well networked within the industry.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Build strong and profitable client relationships across a portfolio of multinationals, NGO’s and Government clients.
- Actively contribute to thought leadership, marketing and business development activities in Australia and throughout the region.
- Lead on the scoping and delivery of resilience consulting tasks including crisis management planning and training, risk management, and business continuity. Utilise specialist resources from around the APAC region and the Group to profitably deliver high quality outcomes for clients.
- Lead on specialist crisis response tasks and reactive complex problem-solving engagements, including assisting clients response to critical security incidents, product recall, extortive threat, regulatory investigation, employee malfeasance and cyber breaches.
- Research materials related to risk management, crisis management, business continuity and organisational resilience and maintain awareness of best practice advancements across the industry.
- Research and understand the threats and risks faced by organisations from a diverse range of industry sectors (including professional services, resources, consumer and industrial) in a wide variety of domestic and international operating environments.
- Develop and design realistic scenario-based exercises to challenge executive level teams’ crisis decision making.
- Conduct and assess training and exercises for executive management teams to test and validate an organisation’s crisis management and business continuity capability.
- Support the conduct and production of a risk assessment based on industry standards such as ISO31000.
- Assist the development of strategic, tactical and operational level instruments including crisis and business continuity management documents to internationally recognised standards or practices customised for individual organisations.
- Prepare and submit verbal and written reports to a high standard for the use of internal or external stakeholders.
- Support development and delivery of crisis and business continuity plans and trainings across the region.
- Participant and lead in client meetings and trainings.
- Report preparation and proposal development.
- All other tasks as directed to you by your manager.
- Actively lead on general CRC projects from first client enquiry to proposal development, task servicing, quality assurance and project closure.
- Identify, scope, manage, and deliver security risk management system development and implementation projects across all industry sectors.
- Develop and mentor junior staff, maximising use of resources. Ensure continuous skills transfer, coaching and planning is provided.
- Ensure that practices, polices, strategy and services represent the client best interest.
- Maintain time and expense records to ensure accurate invoicing within a maximum of seven days from task .
Knowledge and experience
- Experience in a corporate/consulting environment working with multinational companies in SE Asia
- Proven ability to successfully manage professionals
- Strong management and communication skills (including concise and accurate written skills)
- Project management skills
- Ability to rapidly build relationships with senior-level clients and other consultants globally
- Demonstrated experience in the application of a recognised methodologies and standards
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment and demonstrated cross-cultural awareness
- In depth knowledge of commercial/operational conditions across South East Asia
- Experience in one or more of the following: risk assessment following recognised international standards, security planning and framework development
- Basic knowledge of information security/cyber security
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Work under pressure, respond to fast moving challenges and guide clients in solving complex problems with incomplete information in an environment of uncertainty
- Create and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work independently with limited direction, including offshore
- Use analytical and conceptual thinking
- Use initiative and be proactive in managing issues
- Employ high-level oral and written communication skills
- Deliver engaging presentations and authoritative advice to middle/senior management teams and boards
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Completed a university degree in a relevant field, including, but not limited to, strategic studies, international relations.
- Project management methodologies and skills
- Business continuity management and crisis management specialist skills
- Qualifications in standards specific to business continuity management, and or organisational resilience
- Takes the initiative to proactively resolve issues within own remit and recognise when requires escalation.
- Uses creativity to think outside the box and encourages others to do the same.
- Adapts knowledge and analysis to provide effective solutions to clients; Makes informed decisions when appropriate.
- Delivers on personal objectives to deliver to strategic and department plans, focuses on delivery, strives to exceed expectations. Shows drive and determination to achieve high standards.
- Uses own knowledge and experience to make sounds judgements or assist others with sound judgement.
- Ensures delivery of exceptional service by focussing self on the needs of clients.
- Understands the business as a whole, strategic priorities and own contribution to goals; Builds relationships, through common goals, individual contribution.
- Demonstrates global awareness; Considers the regional and global implications of what we do in our own areas of responsibility; Identifies and builds relationships across team and region.
- Suggests and makes improvements and efficiencies to manage costs and improve margins. Understands need to work within project scope including price.
- Embraces a changing environment, adapts well to changing demands and ambiguous situations and adapts own behaviour accordingly.
- Expresses self clearly & displays sensitivity to develop constructive relationship with others. Shows understanding of others in order to influence as appropriate.
All employees are expected to display behaviours reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.