We are looking for highly-motivated and skilled data scientist to work on new initiatives related to catalyst development, automated DOE and process engineering.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with researchers to establish a data model to harmonise material, chemical, piloting and control information derived from analytical chemistry, catalyst development and chemistry/process development
- Collaborate with process owners, data stewards and IT to establish a data management process with the appropriate governance to sustain the accuracy and completeness of data.
- Apply data sciences methodologies techniques to build knowledge management, predictive analytics, and identifying trends in scientific and operational datasets.
- Work with management to develop a data sciences strategy and framework including but not limited to identifying and capturing data needed to solve complex chemistry/process issues, data cataloguing, storage, compute, processing, analysis, search, and visualizations for reporting, dashboards, and self-service.
- Work with researchers to create and maintain libraries of data tools to aid and enhance efficiency and effectiveness of research activities in ICES
- Act as a consultant to project teams for application of process modeling in support of catalyst and chemistry/process development.
- Support building a data-driven culture and data-driven organization, conducive to data-driven decision making, quantitative analysis
- Be able to develop analytical methods to apply to business problems involving large quantities of data, choosing the right algorithms, appropriate optimization techniques, and models
- Actively engage, partner with, and form alliances both internal and external between business, IT, and vendor stakeholders to cultivate a network of data partners
- PhD or Masters Degree in Science, Computer Science or related domain preferred. (Experience 2-5 years (PhD), 5 years or more (Masters)
- Ability with strong drive to manage, develop and improve processes, operations and technology to provide solutions to highly complex problems and apply a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge and experience on large data management and analysis as well as strategies for visualization and communication
- Strong foundation in statistical analysis, programming, data mining, database management, data security, data visualization, and applied data science.
- Knowledge of querying, programming languages and platforms such as R, Python, JAVA, C++, Python, .NET, and SQL
- Working experience and knowledge on artificial intelligence techniques, including Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs), Genetic Algorithms (GAs), Swarm Intelligence, Multi-objective Optimizations, and Fuzzy Logic Systems
- Good foundational understanding of chemistry or chemical engineering is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing job demands and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Ability to plan/organize tasks and consistently produce high quality results and documentation
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi-disciplined, cross-functional environment
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.