- Lead commercial activity / negotiation for LNG short term/spot marketing and optimization
- Monitor operation/implementation of LNG short term/spot cargoes and ships
- Economics and risk analysis for short term/spot cargoes
- Economics and risk analysis for mid-term opportunities
- Participation in internal and/or external meeting / conferences
PRINCIPAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead for commercial activity / negotiation for LNG short term/spot marketing and optimization
- Maintain and expand the network in LNG trading industry and shipping community especially with the customers, traders and suppliers in Singapore through daily communication.
- Negotiate spot/short term deal and/or optimization with external customers, traders and suppliers. Propose and draft Key terms and conditions for internal discussion. Communication in relation to MC or DGI’s equity volume or affiliated volume.
- Attend the internal discussion for SPOT/Short term trading strategy and with MC Tokyo office etc.
- Manage, negotiate, review and finalize (including execution arrangement) of commercial contracts such as Confidential Agreement, MSPA and Confirmation Notice etc.
- Ad hoc support in relation to DGI’s LNG marketing, trading and optimization.
Operation/implementation of LNG short term/spot cargoes and ships
- Manage and coordinate with external/ internal cargo operation team. Liaise with Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) operation team in Tokyo who is service providers for cargo operation including Ship-Shore Compatibility Study (SSCS) and ship movement.
- Monitor the transaction progress (obligation and/or right under the contract) and maintain the customer lists (Know Your Customer (KYC), Master Sales and Purchase Agreement (MSPA), credit line) with having MC Tokyo team support.
- General information exchange with external parties (journalists, LNG brokers etc.), subject to pre-consultation with Senior GM or GM (for information control/protection perspective).
Economics and risk analysis for short term/spot cargoes
- Maintain, upgrade the shipping/freight model and evaluate economics/transaction value & Risk analysis (physical trading and contract analysis).
Participation in internal and/or external meeting / conferences
- Upon team request, attend internal/external LNG conferences (such as CWC, GASTECH and any others, including traveling overseas (few/several times a year)), setting up the catch up meetings with customers, traders etc. and drafting minutes
- Co-work with LNG GM in communication/cooperation with MC global offices around the world (including marketing / trading opportunities and emerging markets opportunities).
- Liaising and collaborating with MC Japan Offices(including Tokyo headquarter who look after the far east Asia pacific market (especially, Japanese customers) and provides commercial supports for marketing and optimization.
- Liaising and collaborating with MC London Office who looks after the Atlantic market and provides commercial supports for marketing, sourcing, European storage, shipping.
- Liaising and collaborating with other MC global offices such as Korea, China, ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Thailand etc), India, Dubai, Qatar/Egypt, Pakistan etc.