The role of the Account Manager - Pharma is focused on managing, nurturing and growing our business in Singapore and South East Asia. This will involve promoting and marketing of a wide range of information products including database subscriptions and consulting services, supported by a marketing and training program, with the overall goal of achieving demanding but realistic targets. The role will include customer relationship management and business development activities. The job will involve working with executives and decision makers in R&D, intellectual property, business development, portfolio management, and strategy functions and leaders of various business units within Pharma clients. Candidate with life science background and a track record of consistent sales achievement will be preferred. This job will provide an opportunity to engage closely with our Life Sciences clients and prospects, primarily in the Pharma industry, with on-site visits and remote calls.
· Manage and grow our business in pharma-biotech segment in Singapore and SEA and achieve new business sales and renewal targets
· Ensure requisite efforts including site visits, preparing written proposals, conveying value proposition of products and services
· Develop and maintain strong customer relationships; collaborate with Solution Consultants to engage with both users and senior client executives to ensure close understanding of needs and confirm utilization of our solutions
· Identify opportunities and prospects with detailed research on accounts and market segment in general
· Adopt consultative sales approach in engaging with clients and prospects
· Provide accurate and complete market feedback on competition, new product concepts, and customer requirements
· Support marketing opportunities like seminar, trade show and other programs
· Maintain accurate records in the automation/CRM system including all contacts, sales activity and deal status.
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager on a permanent or temporary basis.
· B.Tech./B.E./B.S./M.S. degree in science or technology is required; study of pharmaceutical sciences/ bio informatics will be an advantage
· Minimum of 7 years of work experience in selling to or consulting with pharma biotech segment with demonstrated ability to grow business relationships
· Preference will be given to those with experience in a sales role focused on information solutions in life sciences, intellectual property, or scholarly research domains
· Deep understanding of Life Sciences and strong familiarity with Pharma-biotech industry in Asia is preferred
· Demonstrable experience of deploying customer driven approach and good customer engagement skills will be preferred
· Willingness to travel (30% or more) is expected