The successful candidate will provide technical support to the Maintenance teams in the LNG Terminal. He/She will support establishing, reviewing and overseeing the relevant mechanical design elements of new built equipment / asset enhancement activities and implementation of minor mechanical engineering projects, while ensuring the overall mechanical integrity of the terminal from the mechanical engineering discipline perspective.
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following scope of tasks and duties:
1. Support inspection and investigation of equipment and plant structure and oversee asset integrity based reviews and evaluations at the terminal.
2. Participate in developing and implementing static conditioning monitoring programme on LNG tanks, atmospheric tanks, pipeline, pressure vessel, PSV/TSV, including setting up baseline inspection strategy from commissioning to operational phase.
3. Participate in developing and implementing rotating conditioning monitoring and trending programmes for vibration, temperature, oil analysis and thermography for critical equipment, including protection alarm and trip settings.
4. Manage and maintain historical information on static and rotating equipment such as calibration data statistical information on all plant shut down and loss of production events caused by mechanical systems, engineering documents and review applicable codes and standards for compliance purpose.
5. Manage and ensure list of statutory equipment (lifting machine, lifting gears, pressure vessel etc) are timely serviced and inspected in accordance to statutory codes and compliance standards.
6. Responsible for all mechanical equipment operational and functionality in accordance to design specifications such as gas engine, pumps, compressors, fans, hydraulic systems, piping, manual valves etc.
7. Provide technical support and solutions for the Team including supporting the development of maintenance strategy focusing on equipment reliability, spares inventory requirement, shutdown and inspection schedules, preventive and predictive maintenance programmes and mechanical maintenance procedures for mechanical equipment.
8. Support in performing root cause analysis on equipment failure and provide recommendations to resolve technical issues which may also arise from vibration, temperature, oil and other analysis as part of predictive maintenance programmes.
9. Liaise with external stakeholder including government agencies on possible gas pipeline network and mechanical and piping interfaces to ensure conformity.
10. Perform and support feasibility studies or Cost Benefits Analysis (CBA) on mechanical packages and ensure high standards of design quality and safety in any new installation at the terminal, especially on MOC related projects.
11. Resolve technical issues during design, engineering and construction phases to ensure overall integrity.
12. Liaise with EPC/ contractor on equipment factory acceptance test and support operation team in equipment acceptance during mechanical completion phase.
13. Participate in emergency response and may be assigned to a specific role and responsibility for such purpose when necessary.
Technical skills and Competencies
1. Process Control
2. Process Optimisation
3. Process Operations Troubleshooting
4. Inspection Engineering Management
5. Mechanical Rotating Equipment Engineering Management
6. Mechanical Static Equipment Engineering Management
7. Process Plant and Equipment Integrity Management
8. Reliability Engineering Management
9. Quality Assurance
10. Quality Control
11. Maintenance Integrity and Reliability Framework Development and Implementation
12. Asset Integrity Management
13. Engineering Safety Standards Interpretation
14. Engineering Management of Change (MOC)
15. Engineering Drawing Interpretation and Management (EDIM)