This position reports to the Deputy CEO and needs to interface with the various business units. The candidate will be required to work independently and be resourceful in carrying out the duties assigned.
At JR Foods, we are committed to an employee-oriented and high performance culture, We believe in empowerment and quality, and striving for continuous improvements. Our Management staff will be on hand to provide guidance where necessary.
Trainee to be involved in:
- To develop and test new products, menu ideas, and product concepts and recipes for JR Group.
- Responsible for the conceptualization, development, testing and scaling of new recipes for the kitchen production, R&D products and JR Vending (Chef In Box).
- To conduct continual testing, improvement and scaling of new and existing product item recipes.
- To conduct sensory evaluation and approval of new products / recipes.
- Ensure all product creation complies with customer, government and legal regulatory requirements within the country of use.
- To prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs.
- Meticulously document and record all work within the JR Group databases, including recipes, preparation lists and ordering databases.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department to understand the customers’ needs and requirements and to also assist in troubleshooting customers’ issues (when necessary).
- To develop innovative solutions to help grow and value-add to customers’ requirements, ensuring that any solutions provided are within the stipulated cost parameters and manufacturing capability.
- To facilitate the handover of new product(s) so as to ensure the smooth transition from R&D kitchen to Production.
- To assist the Production Head Chef in all R&D product development matters.
- Any other appropriate duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Technical Skills and Competencies Trainee will learn during SGUnited Traineeship Programme:
- Operationalize manufacturing of new products
- Good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and related industry regulations
- New food product introduction and development
- Food Safety analysis and management of products
Education Qualification required for the role: Degree
Duration of Traineeship Offered: 12 months
Eligibility Criteria for SGUnitedTraineeships:
Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and
a. Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITEs, polytechnics, universities, or other educational institutions (e.g. private universities and overseas institutions); or
b. Graduated earlier from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020.