JOB AD FOR RESEARCH FELLOW IN HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCH
ABOUT THE HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCH UNIT (HSRU) in SGH
The Health Services Research Unit (HSRU) is the enabler for health services research in support of the vision and strategies for research in SGH. This includes supporting SGH key research areas and other research areas. As an enabler of research in SGH, HSRU needs to execute research support excellently, efficiently and with empathy.
The Research Fellow reports to the Manager and indirectly to the Director of the HSRU and assists them to achieve the goals of the Unit. He/She is responsible to
· Provide research support for health services research projects as a co-investigator/ collaborator
· Undertake independent research as a principal investigator in line with key SGH research focus areas, with clinicians as co-investigators/ collaborators.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
· Be the academic partner to clinician researchers in SGH by co-leading or leading research projects, supporting research collaborations and procuring research funding
· Conduct literature searches and reviews to aid grant applications, IRB applications, and scientific manuscripts
· Assist principal investigators in developing study proposals and protocols
· Perform data analysis and interpretation
· Write abstracts/posters/manuscripts for dissemination of study results
· Track project timelines and budgets and prepare progress reports of the projects
· Provide consultations on study design and analysis plan.
· Conduct training workshops on research designs, methodologies and software
· Provide mentorship for junior research staff
· Perform other related duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· PhD holder in public health, health economics, epidemiology, or other relevant disciplines.
· At least 2 years of experience in research
· Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting research in the following areas: implementation research, health economic evaluations, or epidemiology.
· Demonstrated experience in writing research proposals, and track record in scientific publications will be favourably considered
· Proficient in using at least one statistical package (R/ STATA/SAS/ SPSS) or qualitative analysis software Nvivo
· Excellent verbal and written communication skill
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a team
· Highly motivated individual with strong sense of responsibility and service-oriented attitude