Are you looking to pick up some shifts or able to work both mornings or afternoons? Then look no further!
Volunteers of America - Bethesda Care Center seeks 2 Dietary Assistants or Cooks to work PRN (AS NEEDED) at our Community in Fremont, OH.
Objective: If you are looking for a career that serves others, this is the place for you. Our dietary services combine food safety with great taste, allowing our residents to enjoy meals they love. The successful candidate will get to learn about various dietary restrictions and needs, ways food can be prepared to assist with any mechanical eating restrictions and best of all, you get to learn about our residents, the heart of our community.
Working for VOA - Bethesda Care Center will allow you to be a part of a certified "Great Place to Work" which we earned through employee survey results and programs we implement. We offer medical, vision, dental and supplementary insurance. We allow employees to choose the benefits package best suited for them or the chance to waive certain benefits for an enhanced hourly wage. We have a great balance of paid holidays and vacation time off. Even scholarships to continue education.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. Previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred.
3. Ability to read and understand procedures used for work assignments, instructions, recipe directions and diet order cards.
4. Numerical ability for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals.
5. Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as preparing food items, carrying quantity foods, serving meals, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning assigned work areas.
6. Coordination and dexterity for preparing food and operating dietary equipment safely.
7. Ability to work in an area that is often very hot/cold.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.