Why work for Lafarge?Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative
Why work for Lafarge?Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
OverviewThe Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for delivering ‘Best in Class’ customer service to our clients to successfully help in the execution of projects of all scopes and sizes. As a CSR you’ll be the first point of contact for customers responding to telephone inquiries in a professional and friendly manner; using your interpersonal skills to recognize and accurately assess our client needs; quickly resolving issues and accurately recording and entering order information into our dispatch systems.
- Ensures all aspects of the role are executed in a safe manner by adhering to all Provincial and Lafarge safety guidelines, policies and regulations
- Engage in safety communication activities (i.e. Daily huddles, Health and Safety Committees, etc.) with management, employees, and visitors.
- Ensures that work areas are kept organized, presentable, functional and free of hazards.Customer Service
- Engage customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Strives to understand the customer’s needs and works to resolve a customer’s requests by documenting the request, alerting and escalating the issues to the appropriate Sales, Operations, After Sales and/or front-end personnel, and follows-up with the customer in order to confirm that their issues are being addressed
- Treats all customers with the same level of attention and professionalism
- Provides honest and definitive delivery commitments in order to help the customer make optimal scheduling decisions about their construction projects
- Engages with Sales and Operations to explore options in order to fulfill customer orders
- Maintains and uses the Dispatch Systems for measuring customer delivery performance
- Responsible for accurate order entry to ensure delivery efficiencies and customer satisfaction are within Lafarge standards
- Prepare as needed reporting on customers, drivers, and operations. Assist the Sales, Customer Service, Operations and QC teams in preparing necessary reportsSystems
- Responsible for the effective utilization of the Command Apex ticketing system by Customer Service and Logistics Staff
- Proactively communicates system, customer, and transport issues to Sales, Logistics and Operations that prevent inaccurate and timely sales order transaction processing
- Responsible for ongoing management of the other systems and tools used in the Customer Value CenterRelationship with Others
- Customer Value Center - coordination with other team members and the Team Leads
- Commercial - Territory Managers, Sales Representatives, Inside Sales Representatives
- After Sales Support Team
- Material Performance - Quality Managers and Technicians
- Safety - Transportation Coordinator and Local Safety Reps
- Front-end Staff
- Safety: Communication with Truck Drivers and Front-End staff (i.e. project site, shipping plant, road safety, etc.)
- Attendance: Punctual and good attendance record
- Customer Service: Answer incoming customer inquiries. Understand customer service requirements, delivery time sensitivity and site considerations. Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur
- Conduct: Treating customers, haulers and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Policies & Procedures: Accurate and timely entry of data into Ticketing Systems.
- Communication: Urgent alerts to Sales on customer/shipping/operational issues. Documents customer challenges and escalates to appropriate personnel.
- Performance: Responsible to achieve targeted delivery focused KPIs
- Team manages approximately +300 calls/day
- Manage delivery of +6M tonnes of aggregate per year
- Coordinate delivery from +40 shipping locations (fixed sites, depots, etc.)
- +1-3 years’ work experience in Customer Service; Order Taking/Dispatch an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Schedule availability between 5:45AM and 5PM Monday to Friday, and occasionally Saturdays (5:45AM-12PM)
- Able to flourish in a fast-paced environment; multi task and prioritize responsibilities
- Aggregate and trucking industry knowledge an asset
- Strong communication skills, fluent in other languages an asset
- High School Diploma
- Proficient computer skills
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Managing Diversity
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Effective Communication
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at:www.lafarge.caWe thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.