Posting Date (E):November 24, 2020Closing Date (E):December 1, 2020Pay Range:Dependent on experienceHours:37.5Type:PermanentShift:Hours to be confirmedContract Start Date (if applicable):1/5/21
Posting Date (E):November 24, 2020Closing Date (E):December 1, 2020Pay Range:Dependent on experienceHours:37.5Type:PermanentShift:Hours to be confirmedContract Start Date (if applicable):1/5/21Contract End Date:6/30/21
Regional International Business Development Manager, Pakistan/Expats living in Gulf Cooperation Council Countries
The Regional International Business Development Manager acts as an International Student Recruiter for Seneca College. The incumbent implements strategy and tactics for their country/countries or region with respect to marketing and customer services for international student recruitment, partnership development and contract training. The incumbent regularly visits their country or region (three to four times each year) to attend promotional events such as education fairs, school visits and agency visits. Currently due to Covid-19 travel restrictions, many of these recruitment events are virtual.
International Student Recruitment:
- Executes the international student recruitment plan for the region he/she covers.
- Spends about 1/3 of the time in the region’s countries, attracts qualified non-Canadians into full time post-secondary diploma, degree or post-graduate programs, by implementing the annual recruitment plan, techniques and strategies set in coordination with the Regional Director while using appropriate promotional material distributed in a comprehensive and timely manner (education fairs, agency visits, school visits).
- Manages and follows up with prospects/leads and new agents’ inquiries in a timely manner to ensure optimum conversion rate and customer service.
Annual Business Planning:
- Develops an Annual Business Plan in collaboration with the Regional Director and the Executive Director with detailed indicators for results in order to maintain and when possible grow the business activities in the region.
- Provides crucial input and assistance in setting targets for the Annual Business Plan and manages direct international advertising, promotion and marketing efforts ensuring the College maintains high visibility throughout the region.
- Oversees relationship-building activities in business development and seeks international partnerships.
- Identifies opportunities for Seneca, based on our defined and agreed upon academic programs, which could be different from region to region in the world depending on the markets.
- Monitors education & training developments in the region he/she covers.
- Evaluates the work done, by tracking international student enrolment data, travel expenses, marketing investments, and agency performance to assess the success of the recruitment efforts.
- Provides evidence for the strategic suggestions presented to the Regional Director, who will design the overall regional recruitment strategy by country.
- Provides inputs and market insights to Seneca’s Marketing Department in designing appropriate promotional materials in the region’s language(s) for production by the College’s Media Services Department and/or outsourced.
- Ensures that the limited financial, human and physical resources are used effectively by exercising sound planning and business practices.
- Minimum of a completed three (3) year diploma in Arts, International Business, Marketing or related field. If education is in a related field of study, state how it is relevant.
- Minimum three (3) years’ of relevant work experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience living/working in another country than Canada.
- Experience with international recruitment for the Pakistan/Expats living in Gulf Cooperation Council Countries is preferred.
- Second language fluency (verbal and written) in Urdu preferred.
- Ability to engage in frequent long-distance international travel is a must. Note: Travel plans will be re-evaluated post Covid-19.
- Deep knowledge of the regional culture and demonstrated diplomacy and tact to build effective relationships.
- Ability to present information and market the College’s programs to various audiences in clear and engaging manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively to prospective students on behalf of the College virtually using digital platform including virtual fairs, seminars, and social media live-chat.
- Relationship management:
- Ability to effectively manage agencies and interact well with prospective students
- Demonstrated customer orientation towards prospective and current students
- Be able to manage agency relationship effectively
- Work well with colleagues and teams
- Conflict resolution: Be able to have difficult conversations when needed, remain professional, and find appropriate resolutions.
- A strategic thinker:
- Make informed decisions based on market research
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of marketing events and have the flexibility to finetune or adapt different strategy
- Manages/monitors agency performance using data and evidence-based approach
- Demonstrated reliability, consistency, and strong business ethic.#li/ss1
Seneca is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially indigenous persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. View Seneca's Diversity Policy.
Note: Seneca requires copies of educational credentials at the time of an interview. Confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency will be required upon hire.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.